Friday, October 15, 2010

Sleeping Beauty

I’ve had so many things to tell you about this week that I almost completely forgot to write about going to see Sleeping Beauty this past Sunday night. I only remembered it last night and since the play is continuing this weekend, I wanted to be sure and include it in this week’s posts in case you are interested in going to see it.

This year I bought myself two Fantasy Playhouse season tickets. The first of the three plays included in the package is Sleeping Beauty and I went, along with my friend Sabrina, last Sunday night.

The play was really well done, as are all plays put on by Fantasy. The costumes were really amazing and the set was simple yet extremely cute. The three main characters in the play are the three good fairies and the one bad fairy. The storyline has been changed a little, but it was still very good and had some added adult humor that Sabrina and I thought was quite funny.

The three good fairies did a fantastic job! Their names are different from those in the movie and the girl that plays Daffodil does and absolutely delightful job and she is just as cute as a button. The bad fairy, Belladona, also did a great job; she was wonderfully wicked and had a really fantastic evil laugh – it sounded just like the evil witch in the Wizard of Oz. The other actors also did a great job and one guy in particular, he played Lord Brunswick, cracked us up. His facial expressions were priceless.

The play continues this weekend with showing Friday night (7:00) and Saturday and Sunday afternoons (1:30) and evenings (5:00).The tickets are $10. The great thing about Fantasy is that they welcome children and their plays are geared toward children, which is great for you parents out there. Sleeping Beauty lasted about two hours and was a lot of fun. I hope you’ll check it out.

No comments: