Friday, October 15, 2010

The Votes Are In

Well, the time has come to reveal the winner of the What Should Nat Be for Halloween poll. Are you ready to know the results? For over half the time the poll was up only two people had voted, and it was a 50/50 split between Devil With a Blue Dress and Liar Liar Pants on Fire. As I started writing this post, I figured the result would be the same… wrong! Apparently two more people voted, or one person voted two more times, leaving the clear winner to be, Devil with a Blue Dress with 75% of the vote (all of three votes!).

So, here’s the part where I let all of my readers down by telling them that I’m vetoing the decision and going with one of the other choices. Please don’t hate me for asking you to decide and then not going with it. First of all, I don’t really have a blue dress. My mother has one that she wore to this dinner and I suppose she might let me borrow it, which would mean I would only have to buy a devil’s horn and tail and pitchfork, which I’m sure can easily be found at any of the stores right now.

I, however, wanted all along to be a Beekeeper, and I’m pretty sure (unless I change my mind at the last minute and that has been known to happen) that a Beekeeper is what I’m going with. It’s a pretty low maintenance outfit and I’ve already ordered some bees – give me a break here, I ordered the bees when I thought the vote was going to be split 50/50.

One of the VPs where I work has a farm and he raises bees (is raise the right term) and around the time I found that out, Tony was going through a phase where he wanted to have a beehive in his backyard and make honey. Tony went through a lot of phases, including me apparently. At any rate, being a beekeeper, makes me laugh and reminds me of all the times I used to laugh with Tony about his desire to have bees and make honey in his own backyard. After reading the post with the choices, he emailed me and said his vote was beekeeper, and that was my vote all along as well and I had already started planning the costume in my head and I guess had already settled on the fact that’s what I wanted and that’s what it was going to be.

So, I hope you aren’t mad at me and I hope you will come back and continue reading the ridiculous and boring stories about what’s happening in the world of Nat. I usually stick with what I say, but this time I’m sticking with my gut, which says to me, “Be a beekeeper for Halloween.” So, a beekeeper it is, maybe I’ll be a Devil with a Blue Dress at Trunk or Treat. Hmmmm….

2 comments:

Erika said...

You'll make a fabulous beekeeper!

Anonymous said...

I think you will look adorable as a beekeeper.
Always go with your gut-it is usually right.