Monday, April 2, 2012

A Birthday Celebration!

Last Friday was my dad’s 60th birthday! I remember when he turned 30 and now he’s 60! He and I went to lunch on Friday at our usual spot –Surin of Thailand. I gave him a copy of The Pioneer Woman’s new cookbook as his gift. He likes PW about as much as I do.

On Saturday my mom arranged a party for my dad. A large group of people gathered at Top of the River in Guntersville. I had never been there before – the food was pretty good. I would have to say the fried pickles were the best. I’m a lover of fried pickles. Anyway, there were about 30 people there I suppose including my grandparents, my dad’s siblings and a couple of my cousins as well as some friends new and old.

One set of friends, Johnnie and Nancy, I had not seen in a good long while, at least five years I’m thinking. They used to live in Huntsville and then moved to Tennessee which is why we don’t see them as often as we once did. Some folks from the church my parents attend were there as well and also our good friends Naaman and Cheryl.

My dad had a good time I think and so did everyone else. My cousin Brittany and I took some photos, but my camera is packed up and on the way to Orlando and I didn’t download the photos before sending my camera down south ahead of me. Maybe I’ll remember to share them with you some time soon.

After we ate dinner, most everyone headed over to my parents’ house for cake and ice cream. It was a lovely evening with friends and family. I left about 7:00 so I could get back home and finish up some chores and study for the class I was teaching at church the next morning.

I’m glad my mom arranged for us all to be together. Here’s to many more birthdays for both my parents!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Awe; that was sweet of your mom! I know your dad had fun!
Happy Belated Mr. Parker!

Jackie said...

I wish I could've been there. I'm glad y'all had fun.