Monday, April 16, 2012

Sickness - It Follows Me Everywhere

On Saturday morning, I woke up early with a really sore throat and a lot of congestion, yes, people, the sickness had set in despite my late night run to Wal-Mart to buy preventative drugs. I used the Neti Pot and tried not to talk, that's how bad my throat ached. I do not understand how sinus drainage can make a throat hurt so badly, but it does, and it is not pleasant.

My dad cooked a breakfast of bacon and biscuits and made mother an omelet and then we finally hit the road and made it all of about half a mile down the street to Publix where I bought some more medicine, some sunglasses (mine had broken) and some Puffs Plus. We stopped because my dad needed batteries which he bought. Then after I got back to the van, mother wanted some word search books so I went back in to get those and we then headed out on our first vacation venture to Sea World. I can't even remember what time it was when we left the Publix parking lot or what time it was when we arrived at Sea World. All I know is I drove and I felt like poo.

We stayed at Sea World for a few hours, I really don't know the exact number, and watched some of the shows. My dad had us goign from one show to the next.My favorite show on this particular day was the otter and sea lion show primarily because none of the three sea lions they used to play one of the characters in the show would cooperate and that made the show quite funny in my opinion.

We left some time that afternoon (I feel like Saturday was a blur because that's how rotten I felt) and went to get some dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. None of us had ever eaten at a Joe's before so we decided we would give it a try. The crab legs weren't too bad and I ordered us an appetizer that had a really good crab dip. After we ate, we took mother back to the condo, but not without stopping by Publix again - yes, we spent a good portion of our vacation at Publix. Publix was closed on Easter Sunday so we had to get some sandwich meat that afternoon because we had decided to eat sandwiches on Sunday. We picked up some meat and some other things and then went to the condo where we got mother settled in for the night, my dad and I changed clothes and then he and I headed west to Tampa for the NCAA hockey championship game - Boston College vs. Ferris State.

There was lots of entertainment outside of the arena and we took some of it in before going in to our seats. The game was really good until the last few minutes of the third period when BC piled on two more goals, one of which was an empty netter. After the game was over and we watched the celebration for a few minutes, we headed back to the condo. It seems like we got back a little bit before 11:00. We called it a night and hit the bed in preparation for the next day.


Entrance to Sea World

Dolphins at Sea World

Flamingos at Sea World


Posing with the National Championship Trophy


The Tampa Bay Times Forum


Getting Ready for the Face-Off

1 comment:

Kimberly Washer said...

That stinks you were sick, but it sounds like you still had fun and didn't let the sickness hold you down!