Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Newest Obsession

I told Jackie earlier that I would probably write about this today and so I am. I have mentioned on here a few times about the TV show “Who Do You Think You Are?” which has sparked an interest in researching my family tree. I started it last year but didn’t really work much on it; but recently I logged back into my account and paid for a six-month membership to do some research on who I am and who are the people that are responsible for my being here.

Let me tell you, it is easy to get lost in the research of discovering who you are. Tuesday night for example I logged on and started doing research and the next thing I knew it was two hours later. I have found marriage certificates, census records, and names of people I never knew existed, and names of people I knew existed but didn’t know what their names were, if that makes any sense.

I also came across the family trees of other people related to my Parker family who had some photos of my great-great grandfather’s marriage license and also a photo that was titles, “Unknown Parkers” and the man on the left looks exactly like my grandfather. I cannot wait to show him the picture and see if it’s him or maybe his own father or grandfather. I showed it to Jackie earlier today and she also thinks the man looks like Justin. Whoever he is, I have no doubt he is one of my Parker relatives.


The Unknown Parkers -will they be unknown for much longer?


I plan to keep on trudging through the records and finding out as much as I can about my ancestors. It has been a fascinating journey so far and I have no doubt it will continue to be. If you have any interest in your family history, then give Ancestry.com a try. You may become hooked like I did! Happy searching!

3 comments:

Kimberly Washer said...

That is super cool!! I've always wanted to know more about who I am and where I come from!!

Jackie said...

Love ancestry.com. It's so fun and addictive. Can't wait to see what all you uncover.

Erika said...

That's awesome! Let us know of more discoveries!