Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Last Day Was A Bust

For our last day in Orlando, we didn't have any firm plans. We were going to play it by ear, possibly go to Magic Kingdom or go on some other fun adventure. As it turns out, however, the day didn't have much of an adventure in store at all.

I woke up at 7:00 or a little before as always and went ahead and gt a shower. The night before my dad said he didn't really want to go to a park on Thursday because he was quite tired - not to mention that he had been sick most of the week. We thought it was from his colitis but as it turns out he was actually sick from the Melting Pot food. He probably didn't fully cook a piece of chicken or something. However, by the time Friday morning rolled around he wanted to go and so did I but it wasn't meant to be. My mother was having some issues on this particular morning (which we won't get into or she might stab me with butter knife) and we had to wait on her issues to clear up before we could do anything since she had planned to get out on this particular day as well.

By the time 1:30 in the afternoon rolled around, we still had not left the condo. I spent the whole morning and into the afternoon laying the bed fully dressed and reading while waiting on the folks to get it in motion, but it just wasn't happening. To say that I was hungry was also an understatement as there wasn't much food left at the condo at this point, at least nothing that didn't contain a lot of processed sugar.

My dad finally agreed to leave with me in tow a little after 1:30. We headed to the Outlet Mall because at this late stage of the day, what else are you going to do? Not 20 minutes after we arrived, my mother called for us to come back. We spent a little while longer at the mall because well, we were there. I wasn't really ready to leave when we did, but we did and arrived back at the condo around 3:30. It was 5:00 before we all three finally left for dinner which was at Miller's Ale House and was the best meal I had the whole time I was away (prime rib).

After we ate dinner, we went to the movie theater at Downtown Disney and watched The Hunger Games. I enjoyed it just as much the second time around and my parents enjoyed it as well. I wanted to pay putt-putt that evening, but since it was so late when we got out of the movie decided against it since we would have a long drive the next day. I was really disappointed with how the last day turned out, but it was out of my control and sadly, life doesn’t always turn out how we want it to.

There was a lot more I would have loved to have done while we were in Orlando. I wish we had made some time for Magic Kingdom (I really wanted to see the parade at the end of the day and the fireworks) and I would have loved to have had a day for Disney Hollywood Studios, formerly MGM Studios – I remember enjoying that as a kid. I also would like to have visited Animal Kingdom. It opened the year after I went when I was a kid and I have never been. I also would have liked to have stopped by ESPN Wide World of Sports to see what all was there. Alas, there was no time for all of these things and for the first time ever I left my vacation feeling unsatisfied; maybe unaccomplished would be a better word. I don’t know; I just know I wish I had about five more days so I could have seen all the things I wanted to see because it’s doubtful I will ever be back; but, you never know.

Overall, it was a great week. We all got along for the most part. There were a few tiffs here and there but I think we did okay considering we are all Type A people and have been known to have some fierce arguments. We like to put the fun in dysfunctional as the saying goes. I enjoyed the week off from work and was glad to have the opportunity to spend time with my family and have fun as well. So, as far as that goes there are no complaints and I’m glad I we were all able to go and spend the week together.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Bummer that your last day didn't go well :(
I just think it's impossible to feel like you ever have enough time at Disney!