Tuesday, April 3, 2012

We Arrive In Shifts

Well, you would think as busy as I’ve been lately that I would have something really interesting to write about every day, but I don’t. It’s sad but true.

Sunday I spent the day packing, churching, cleaning, watching cycling, and then in the evening I had a PW watching marathon with Erika. We watched five episodes! She brought over a yummy taco bake, the leftovers of which I plan to enjoy for dinner tonight.

Last night I mowed the lawn and then made a run by Wal-Mart to see if I could find some shorts to fit my large derrière. I ordered some shorts and they arrived yesterday but were tighter than I would have preferred them to be so I went by Wal-Mart and found some that will do for my upcoming trip. Hopefully I won’t look like an old fat person, but I probably will – awesome!

After the trip to Wal-Mart, I went by my parents’ house to drop off my luggage for our trip. My dad left this morning in the handicapped van. He is driving possibly to Gainesville tonight. He wants to watch the bats fly out of a cave at the University of Florida. Sounds interesting. Then he will drive on in to Orlando tomorrow.

My mom flies down to Orlando tomorrow where my dad will pick her up at the airport and then they will make their way to Tampa where they will spend the first couple of days of their trip. The NCAA Frozen Four is in Tampa this year and they will be there for the first round on Thursday.

On Friday, I leave our fair city and fly down to Orlando where I will be picked up by one or both parents. At this point they will have relocated from Tampa to Orlando where we have a house for the week. I arrive at 8:30 p.m. and will begin my vacation on Saturday at the NCAA Championship Hockey Game! I’m not sure what we will do before the game if anything.

The rest of the week will be spent visiting Universal (HARRY POTTER!!) and Epcot – not sure if we are going to Magic Kingdom or not. We will just play it all by ear I suppose. I’m also not sure how much posting will get done while we are away. There is no internet at our house, but at the club house in the neighborhood or whatever. So, I will try to post often, but am making no promises. Mostly, I’m just looking forward to having a good time and being away from work for a few days.

The rest of this week will be spent doing laundry and packing some last minute items and getting a manicure and pedicure because everyone should have nice looking nails before going on vacation! My friend Courtney will be staying with The Tide again this year; so, hopefully they will get along fine and The Tide will be well taken care of… now if only the grass would stop growing for a week or so. Hmmm…

2 comments:

Erika said...

You will have so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Kimberly Washer said...

How fun!! I hope you post pictures!!