Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Departure for Vacation

I have returned from vacation and in case you didn’t figure it out, there was no internet at the condo where we stayed for the week. They had it at the club house at the complex, but there was no time to go up there and write because we were pretty busy all hours of the day, or so it seemed. So, I will do my best to recap our trip over the course of the next few days.

I left Huntsville on Friday, April 6 at 4:05 p.m. My flight left a little late, not shocking since it was a Delta flight and Delta loves to be tardy! I was supposed to have a 45 minute layover in Atlanta but by the time we landed, it was more like 20 minutes and I had to go to another terminal. I rushed like crazy to get there, but when I arrived at my gate, the plane was late by about 30 minutes – should have known.

I was supposed to arrive in Orlando at 8:30 but the plane didn’t land until around 9:00 and I managed to hook up with my parents around 9:15. My dad had taken the bulk of my luggage with him so I had no checked bags. We headed out of the airport and towards the condo but stopped at a Wendy’s on the way so I could have some semblance of a dinner before I called it a night.

The condo was really nice. There was a bedroom and bathroom downstairs along with a den/eating area and a kitchen. Upstairs were two bedrooms and two full bathrooms, one with a deck outside and also there was a laundry room which came in quite handy as we did some laundry pretty much every day we were there.

I was not feeling too well by the time I arrived. My sinuses were acting up again and I had a feeling it was only going to get worse so after we arrived at the condo, I took the van out to Wal-Mart to get a Neti Pot (I needed a new one anyway) and some medicine to hopefully stave off the oncoming illness. By the time I arrived at Wal-Mart, it was after 10:00 and the place was crowded with what seemed like thousands of people. There were probably 20 checkout lanes open and each lane had four to five people in it. It was like Black Friday – completely insane – but I managed to get out of there rather quickly. I headed back to the condo and called it a night so I could get some rest in preparation for the vacation to begin.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Glad you are home safe and sound!

Melissa said...

Welcome back! I missed your posts! Looking forward to the other ones!