Thursday, April 19, 2012

There Wasn't Enough Time In My Opinion‏

Tuesday morning I woke up around 6:15 because, well, I'm an early riser - I think I may have said that already. I went ahead and got a shower and got dressed and ate some breakfast and promptly left for my visit with the doctor.

The clinic opened at 8:00, my appointment was at 8:10 and I arrived at the clinic about 7:30 - I wanted to make sure I was the first in line so I wouldn't have to wait all day. I sat outside the door reading (yes, I finally finished a book - book review coming soon Melissa!) and not long after someone else came up with their sick baby. I thought about letting them go first for all of about 30 seconds - but, the baby didn't appear to be on her death bed so my sickness prevailed and I was indeed the first one in line and the first person seen.

As I suspected, I was diagnosed with a sinus infection. I was able to have a prescription filled there for $15, which is more than it would have cost at the pharmacy, but I knew most pharmacies didn't open until 9:00 and I didn't want to be waiting around all day so I got the medicine there and then was out the door and on my way by 8:30. I made a stop by Publix (told you we spent a lot of time there) for some Clariton D, toilet tissue, cheese, and a few other items and then was back at the condo by 9:15.

I arrived to discover my dad was not awake but my mother was. I got her something to eat and then got her dressed and ready for the day and she put on her make-up. We thought this was funny because my dad was still snoozing his vacation life away and when he finally did get up we would both be ready to go. Around 10:00 or maybe even later I knocked on his door and asked him if her ever planned to get up. He finally did and was surprised to find that my mom was ready and so was I. I don't know what time we finally left and arrived at Epcot, but it was a lot later than I ever intended for it to be,but my dad got a good night of rest and I guess that was good for him.

My dad rented a wheelchair while we were there because he was having some trouble with his hip (he thinks he may need a replacement) and so instead of one wheelchair, I had to keep up with two which was about more than my legs could handle. My mom and I could hardly keep up. Actually, we didn't keep up, we would have to catch up with him every now and then.

Epcot was having a flower festival and the shrubs and flowers were amazing, many in the shape of Disney characters. We visited a few countries, rode a few rides, watched a few films and had a good time. It got really hot around 4:30 or so and we left to go eat dinner at the Melting Pot, which was okay, but not a good decision because after being there two hours we still weren't done with dinner and got the rest to go so we could make it back to Epcot.

We arrived back at 7:30 and the park closed at 9:00 so needless to say, there wasn't much time to do anything wonderful. We watched the fireworks show at 9:00 and then called it a night and went back to the condo. I really wish we had been able to spend more time at Epcot. I would have preferred to have gotten there a lot earlier and not left for dinner, but those are the breaks when you are traveling with other people I guess.

 


4 comments:

Melissa said...

there is never enough time in the Disney parks...so much to do!! Glad you got in to the clinic first.
And, yes, I'm looking forward to a good book review :)

Jackie said...

That picture of your mom & dad is cute! I love it when they do the characters out of plants and flowers.

Erika said...

I think I could spend days at Epcot!
Glad you were first in line at the doctor's office and glad you didn't give up your spot.

Alison said...

I've never been to Epcot, people keep telling me that it's boring, but I would love to go. The garden show looks amazing. I hate to hear that your dad is having hip trouble, though.