Monday, April 30, 2012

Busy and Restful All In One

It was another full weekend for me. I guess it’s that time of year. Friday night I went to see Rapunzel with my friend Kendra. It was the last production for Fantasy Playhouse this season and it was the best. The girl who played the dragon was hilarious! Kendra and I both enjoyed the show despite the fact that we were sitting by a creepy guy who kept turning around to stare at us. I don’t know if he was looking at me or her, but it was really weird and made me uncomfortable. I think it made Kendra uncomfortable too. Very strange.

As I mentioned last week, Panoply was this past weekend, but sadly, I did not make an appearance. I just couldn’t fit it into my schedule. Each night of the weekend at promptly 9:00, the sky would boom with the Panoply fireworks. They were so loud it sounded as though they were being shot from my own backyard. I had planned on loading up The Tide and going down there on Sunday night to watch but by the time Sunday night rolled around, I didn’t want to leave the couch. I’m sure you know how that goes.

Saturday I went to the gym and made my weekly trip to Publix and then spent the rest of the day cleaning and doing laundry and lots of other fun things like that. I mowed the lawn that afternoon and even brought out the weed eater to trim up the edges of the house and shed. I also potted some flowers for the porch. I bagged the grass clippings and while I was working in the back, the mailman was kind enough to run over my bag of grass and empty it in front of my neighbor’s house. So, I had to bag it again. Thanks a lot, Mr. Postman!

I spent Saturday evening studying for the Bible class I was teaching on Sunday morning and also watching the Stanley Cup playoffs. Sunday I went to church and napped. So, it was a busy weekend but also there was time for rest as well, which is always a good thing. Hopefully your weekend was filled with fun and a little relaxation too!

No comments: