Monday, May 14, 2012

Garrison Keillor Isn't Dead

So, thanks, Mary, for clearing that up. You know, I actually meant to look that up before I posted it but then I failed myself and posted that he was dead. Sorry, Mr. Keillor, for announcing your premature demise. Glad to know you are still around and if you make it to the show in Huntsville (Do you travel with the show that bares your name?) then maybe we can get together for a spot of tea or something - and, yes, I realize he isn't British either. Glad we cleared that up.

I didn't post on Sunday night and I have no good excuse as to why that is. I guess I got caught up in watching the season finale of Survivor and the series finale of Desperate Housewives and the next thing I knew it was 10:30, I had not written anything and wasn't about to delay my bedtime any longer to write a post. Did anyone else watch the series finale of Desperate Housewives? It was okay I guess. They didn't leave any open ends on the existing characters but chose instead to wrap it all up nice and neat which is good for those of us that like endings to actually have an ending but at the same time I found it to be a little too neat for a show that was often so messy. I guess when I really think about it, I never care for the way a series I like ends; probably because I hate to see it go.  Speaking of series that cancelled, tis the season when networks pass out the pink slips and some shows that were not renewed that I liked were A Gifted Man and Harry's Law. I think most of the other shows I watch were renewed, including Smash, which was a shocker because although it started out great, it has kind of tanked and I am surprised NBC renewed it for another season. Apparently network execs and I do not have the same opinion about what shows should stick around and which ones should go.

I had a pretty good weekend and it was a lot more low-key than the past ones have been. I was busy but actually had some down time as well which was a blessing. Friday after work, I mowed the lawn and it was the perfect time to do it because it wasn't terribly hot and it rained most of the remainder of the weekend. Jackie came over Friday night and we just sat around and chatted because believe it or not, it has been since before my vacation that we have had a moment to sit around and chat about what's going on in our lives. Clearly we have both been busy. On Saturday, I did the usual house cleaning and also went to the funeral of a friend's father. After the funeral I made my weekly trip to Publix and then back home to finish up some cleaning and do some Bible studying for the class I taught on Sunday.

Sunday, of course, was Mother's Day. I cooked lunch for my mom, dad and grandparents. Mother picked out the menu of chicken casserole, corn, fried okra and apple dumplings. It all turned out well. After lunch, since I was in the area, I made a run by Mr. Donut and then by Wal-Mart to pick up a couple of things that my Publix doesn't carry. I had The Tide with me and we stopped by PetSmart so she could have her nails trimmed. She was on good behavior yesterday, but mostly I just think she is getting old and tired and that makes me sad.

I made it home right at 3:00 and laid down on the couch to nap for an hour before returning to church; only after I turned off the alarm on my phone, I didn't get up like I should have and instead fell back asleep and didn't wake up until after church had started. Hopefully the good Lord will overlook that absence. Sometimes a girl just needs some rest. The remainder of the evening was spent watching TV and being lazy. Today I start my workouts at D1 which means my fingers may not have the strength they need to type, but I will do my best to recap what is sure to be an interesting afternoon.

Hope all of you moms out there had a good Mother's Day. Don't forget to enterto win the book I'm giving away this week. The giveaway is open through Friday. Have a good week!

3 comments:

Erika said...

Yesterday must have been a good day for sleeping. I took a 3 hour nap last night from 6 - 9, and was back asleep by 10!
Your Mother's Day menu sounds yummy!

Mary McLaughlin said...

LOL! I had to ask at the office to be sure, but I couldn't remember hearing that he was dead! Oh, worse things have happened!

Alison said...

I thought he was dead, also. Weird!