Friday, May 18, 2012

The Third Night Didn't Go So Well

I really don't think there's much worse than having a crick in your neck. Well, I guess in reality there are a lot of worse things than that, but man is it annoying. I had a crick in my neck all day Thursday and applied BioFreeze multiple times to my neck and upper back to no avail. I finally broke down and called the chiropractor because it seemed to get worse throughout the day rather than better and I wanted to see if he could work out the kink so to speak before I had to endure another grueling hour at D1. He was able to locate the source of the problem, popped it and I’m not ashamed to admit I may have let out a little scream. It still hurt, but not as bad as it was hurting before.

Wednesday was my off day from training and I was really thankful for the break. I still had a lot of soreness on Thursday, but not as much as Wednesday, which was a blessing. My shins, however, were apparently hurting more than I realized because when I got to D1 on Thursday night, I could barely walk or run the pain was so intense. I had to sit out most of the running and the leg drills because there was no way I could have made it through. It felt like needles shooting up my legs.

When we moved to the weight room and worked on arms, I did all of that work because I wanted to accomplish something while I was there. When I got home, it was another Epsom salt bath to pull out some of the soreness and then I wrapped my shins and my neck in ice in an effort to help alleviate the pain. The guy who was saying “looking good out there” was back on Thursday. He asked me something and for the life of me I cannot remember what. All I remember was saying that my legs were killing me.

I’ve sadly decided to take Friday and Saturday off from working out. Sunday is my normal day off so I will have three days of rest before I start a new week. I had planned on going back Friday and Saturday but at this point, I think my shins could use the rest and hopefully with any luck I will be ready to give it 100% on Monday.

That's about it as far as updates are concerned. Don't forget, you have only a few hours left to enter the book giveaway that's going on this week. Just leave a comment on this post. A winner will be announced Saturday morning and with only four entrants so far, your chances are looking pretty good. I hope to have another review and giveaway up soon. If not next week then the week after; so stay tuned for that.

I certainly hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I think it's a good idea to rest for a few days - that kind of workout is pretty intense, especially if you haven't been doing that kind of exercise. Don't feel bad about taking off a couple of days!

Mary McLaughlin said...

Rest is a good idea! And next week, tape your shins before starting the workout. Bo had to do that for several months before baseball started.

Hang in there!