Sunday, May 6, 2012

I’m A Sucker for Samples


After work on Friday I stopped by Sam’s Club, which is really unusual for me. I have a membership but very rarely go. I went for a specific item which I ended up not getting because the price was a lot higher than it was the last time I bought it. At any rate, while I was there, I decided to walk around and see if there was anything else that struck my fancy. There were a few different sample stations set up, one of which was beef fajita strips with cheese dip and guacamole. It was so good and I ended up buying the cheese dip and beef strips.

After my trip to trip to Sam’s, I made my weekly stop to Publix and they were also demonstrating samples… of Mexican foods. I guess everyone had Cinco de Mayo fever this weekend. One thing they had at Publix was fish tacos which were really good. I grabbed the recipe card for those. In the produce section they had made some guacamole and I ended up buying the stuff for that and made it on Sunday. It turned out really good.

Friday night, I attempted to make the beef fajitas like they had demonstrated at Sam’s, but they did not turn out all that great. I don’t know why, but it always seems like the samples taste so much better than the food you buy and bring home. Does anyone else have that same issue? After eating dinner, I laid down on the couch to watch some TV and promptly fell asleep and basically slept the rest of the night, only getting up to move from the couch to the bed.

Saturday morning I had planned on going on the mayor’s bike ride, but opted instead to do my usual spin class. I did some laundry before I left for class and during the spin cycle, the drain tube came out of the wall and water went all over the floor. The good thing is that it cleaned out every piece of dust and dog hair from under the washer. Since that happened right before I needed to leave for class, I saved the clean up for afterwards.

That afternoon, I went to eat at Phil Sandoval’s. It was my first time to eat there. My friend Alex’s birthday was on Sunday and he had some friends meet up for a Cinco de Mayo/birthday celebration. They were giving out door prizes every few minutes and I happened to win one. It was a t-shirt, a necklace a coozie, a bottle opener and a bracelet. Most everything was advertising beer so I ended up throwing the majority of it out, which was no big deal because it wasn’t anything I desperately needed.

After eating, I made a quick trip by Target and decided that I really like the selection of clothing at the Target on University much better than the one in Jones Valley. I always find things at the one on University but everything is quickly picked over in Jones Valley. Saturday evening I watched some TV and finished up cleaning.

On Sunday, I had planned on trying out for a play that is taking place in the fall, but decided against it because I didn’t want to take that much time away from watching football; not to mention the fact I doubt my dad would come see me act in a play during football season. So, perhaps I will try out for something that is going to take place when it’s not football season. So, my Sunday consisted of the usual – church, napping, church and TV watching. Can I just say, as far as The Amazing Race is concerned, the final two teams that were couples were really annoying and clearly thrive off of chaos. That is not for me, folks!

Anyway, it’s another weekend in the books and it’s back to the grind tomorrow! Hope everyone has a really great week!

2 comments:

Mary McLaughlin said...

You should go to the new Target in Madison. The clothing selection there is even better than the one on University Drive. I know it will be a long drive for you, but I think it will be worth it!

Erika said...

I think samples taste better because someone else fixes them for you :)
How do you always manage to win things?!?!?!
Sounds like a good weekend! I would come see you in a play during football season ;)