Monday, May 7, 2012

Sometimes I Just Ramble

I really don't have that much to chat about today; so, this post will basically just be a random rambling of thoughts as they come to me. It's been a while since that has happened, so I guess I'm due, or something like that. Sadly, after what has been one of the busiest springs ever, I have nothing on the calendar for the immediate future which means I will be grasping at straws for something to write about. How lucky for all of you who stop by here on a somewhat frequent basis.

I really should have mowed the lawn this past weekend, but just couldn't muster up the energy or willpower to do it. Then, it rained heavily twice on Sunday which means in a matter of about 40 seconds it will look like a jungle in my backyard. So, I will more than likely be plagued with having to mow twice this week or twice in one day depending on what day I manage to get around to mowing. I'm thrilled beyond words.

I should be getting a new storm door for my back door some time soon. A nice man from church is going to put it up for me since I don't have a clue how to do that myself, nor does my dad. My granddad wanted to come out and measure for me, so once he does that I should be able to purchase a new door and have it put up. The current door has been broken on more than one occasion and currently has no latch whatsoever, so I would really like to have a door that keeps my main door from being beat up on by the elements. I shall keep you posted on how long this takes.

No doubt there are sure to be some interesting and perhaps hilarious posts coming up on me working out. Beginning next Monday (I think), I will begin one month of training at D1 Sports. I have wanted to get some personal training for a while now because my regular spin class isn't helping with any weight loss. I'm in good shape according to my recent fitness assessment, but would like to tone up my arms and core and continue work on my legs. Personal training, as you probably know is expensive and not really in the budget for me right now. Groupon has an offer right now (until May 9) for one month unlimited training classes at D1. It can be used for Boot Camp or the Total Fit Classes. The price was $55 and I called D1 to make sure I could go to as many classes as I could manage in the one month time period and they said yes so I went ahead and bought it. I just hope I make good use of it. Since the Total Fit sessions are in the evening, that's when I plan to go. I hope to get started on Monday and probably won't be able to walk on Tuesday. Please go ahead and start praying for me now. I need all the help I can get.

Speaking of working out, I went to the gym after work on Monday only to discover that I left my gym bag at home. I was wearing a long skirt and shirt so there was no chance whatsoever of working out in those clothes. I didn’t have enough time to make it home and back to the gym before spin class started so I ended up sitting on my derriere instead. Perhaps it was much needed rest in anticipation of next week’s start at D1

Other than these few things, not much else is going on. I'm having the girls over Thursday night and this weekend I'm cooking a Mother's Day lunch for my mom and grandmother. Hopefully something exciting will happen at some point this week or you may not come back because the posts are so boring. Actually, I'm reading a book now that is really good and I've been given a couple of books to review and host a giveaway so look for that to come soon as well - in other words I need to kick up my reading so I can get those ready for you.

Hope your week is off to a good start!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your ramblings. Anxious to hear about your new workouts. I bet they will be fun!!

Erika said...

Good luck with the new workout - maybe your body just needs something new - a change of pace. I'm sure that experience will provide some interesting material for blogging ;)

Jackie said...

I can't wait to hear about these new classes you will be taking at
D1. I am already giggling thinking about what you will say about them.