Monday, May 21, 2012

I Had a Case of The Mondays

I have probably used that title before or something close to it, but that's how it goes when you've been blogging for over three years and you really love a line from a movie. Sunday night I thought about blogging multiple times, obviously, thought about is the key phrase as I didn't post anything. That's how it goes sometimes; I guess you could say my case of the Mondays started on Sunday night when I couldn't get motivated to write anything.

As mentioned last Friday, I took the weekend off from working out (and lawn mowing for that matter) and rested my sore shins instead. So, Friday night I finally had an opportunity to go see The Avengers. I had anxiously been anticipating its release and had been busy with other things the past two weekends and did not have a spare moment to go see it until this past weekend. It did not disappoint. It was just as good as everyone said it was and I enjoyed it immensely. A movie review will be up later this week. 


On Saturday, my dad came over early morning to repair the storm door at the back of my house. I mentioned a while back that I thought I might have to have it replaced; but, fortunately, my dad was able to replace the door handle instead. The best part is it actually works! My dad isn't the best at repairing things, even he will admit this and he was also quite impressed with his door repair abilities. I believe his exact words were, "It works! And it locks too!" It was a pretty exciting moment. Saturday afternoon I got a haircut (nothing drastic, just a good trimming) and then made a stop by Publix and Dick's Sporting Goods. I had to pick up some athletic tape at Dick's which I plan to use tonight on my shins (yes, they are still hurting!). Saturday evening I went over to my friends' Blake and Honey's house and had dinner with them and their two kiddos. We were entertained by dancing and hilarious comments from the kids. Where do kids come up with this stuff? Dinner was meatloaf, lima beans, corn, and broccoli casserole, all of which was quite good. I know most people aren't big fans of the meatloaf, but I do enjoy it! 

Sunday was the same routine as always, church, nap and church again. Sunday night, however, I was in for an unplanned and unexpected treat. Jackie had sent a text while I was napping that her nieces were in town. They had gone out to Bridge Street Sunday afternoon and wanted me to come along but because of my extreme napping abilities I wasn't able to join them, but we met up for dinner after church that evening.  We ate at Sam and Greg's which is one of my favorite spots. My lovely cousin Alexandra was working that night too so not only did I get to see Jackie's nieces (and Jackie and the kids), but my cousin too. Jackie had ordered a large pepperoni and a small cheese and then we decided it might not be enough so I went in and ordered a medium sausage. Then they messed up the pepperoni and made a large cheese but gave it to us anyway. So, we ended up with way more pizza than we needed, but we all got to take some home. It was so good to see the girls - they both live in Illinois and so we don't get to see them very often. I was glad for the opportunity to spend some time with them.

All of this brings us to Monday, which is today (as I'm writing). I haven't felt so swell today and am not sure why. The pain in my shins has been pretty intense today and also my knees are hurting, I'm assuming thanks to the rain that came in as I have arthritis in my knees and they always are achy when a front moves through. To top things off, my stomach was achy all day. Basically it's just one of those days where I would like to have been at home doing nothing in particular, especially considering it was a really slow work day and I'm sure I wouldn't have missed out on much by not being there. I stuck it out though because I'm a trooper or something like that.

After work Monday I went to D1 and spent the next hour being tortured. Y’all, I cannot even explain how badly my shins were hurting when it was over. I was close to tears – and I taped my legs! When I got home, the power was out and so I used all the hot water in the hot water heater to soak for a while. Just as I got out of the bath, the power came back on and I was able to eat some dinner and then ice down my legs for the next hour. It’s now 9:00 and as soon as I post this, I’m going to bed. I lead such an adventurous life!

Hope you all had a great weekend! I don’t know about you, but I for one am looking forward to this next weekend when those of us who work get a holiday. Thrilled – seriously, I am thrilled about a day off! Have a good Tuesday!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend!
Honey's dinner sound delicious!
I had a Monday about like yours...looking forward to the holiday as well.

Alison said...

Have you mentioned your shin pain to the trainer? Workouts are supposed to be tough, but not debilitating. :( I'm sorry your hurting!