Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Photography Class #3

Last night was the third of our photography classes. Only Lisa and Derek and I showed up. Candy and Andrew didn’t have a babysitter, and Tony wasn’t feeling well. So, the three of us went to dinner and then headed over to class.

This class was titled, “Organize, Print, and Share,” and it was the most boring class I have sat in on in quite some time. Basically the class was a demonstration as to how to go about setting up files on your computer, download pictures to your computer, the various ways you can print photos and the various ways you can share photos. In other words, I didn’t learn anything new. Derek played Mah Jong on his palm pilot and Lisa said, “You know this is two hours of your life you will never get back?” “Yes, but think of the quality time we are spending together,” was my reply.

The class was once again taught by Mr. Farley Vaughn and Bobby was no where to be seen on this particular evening. However, the very unfriendly Lindsey was there. She is another employee at Wolf and she never smiles and basically looks like she’d rather be dead than be at Wolf Camera. She really needs to get out of the customer service business – she scaring people away! When Mr. Vaughn started the class, Lindsey turned on one of the photo processing machines (at least I assume that’s what the monstrosity is) and we could barely hear what Mr. Vaughn was saying. So, it was a good thing we already knew how to do what he was teaching.

An older lady a few rows in front of us brought her camera with her to class and she took a photo of every single slide Mr. Vaughn put up on the screen. We called her red because she was wearing a red sweater. I don’t know if she is new to computers or what, but I had to hold in my laughter every time I heard the snap of her camera. I took a picture of her with my phone. Here it is:





Also new to the class last night was a wooden pointer stick that Mr. Vaughn used to point out different items on the slide. It reminded me of being in grade school.

We also learned last night that we were all cheated when we bought our cameras at Wolf. Apparently they have a deal where you can purchase an all in one printer for $44 when you get an SLR at Wolf – only no one told us about it! At first Mr. Vaughn said it was free and the class was up in arms. Then he corrected himself and said it was $44 with the purchase of an SLR, but $76.58 if you didn’t purchase an SLR.

Last night also brought about the return of Susanne Anderson, the mother of my college sweetheart and yes, I went over and spoke to her and apologized for not recognizing her a couple of weeks before. And yes, I also brought my chair in a bag again last night; in fact, one of the other students said it was a good idea. So, look out, because it’s catching on and next week I may not be the only one who brings my chair.

No comments: