Friday, January 15, 2010

Random Sevens

I was perusing several of the blogs I frequent today and saw this post from Pastor Ryan about random sevens. I found Pastor Ryan through The Pioneer Woman. And come to think of it I don’t think he even likes to be called Pastor Ryan; but, since PW calls him that so do I – it’s catching on!


Anyway, he suggested in his post for folks to post seven random things on their blogs and link back to his blog and then everyone can see how “whacked out you are” – his words not mine. I probably would have said how nutty you are.

So, since I have nothing of importance or non-importance to tell my five readers about today and since I posted random things last Friday, I figured, why not? So, here are my seven random things:

1. I love “Friday Night Lights” more after every episode. I never think I can love it any more than I presently do and then I watch another episode and I think, “man this show rocks; I want it to go on FOREVER!” and then the previews for the next episode come on and I usually end up crying because I feel as though the characters are my personal friends and I want them all to have wonderful lives. I am weird. You don’t have to remind me. “Friday Night Lights” is an amazing show – check out the first few seasons on DVD. It should be coming on NBC some time this spring. Since I have DirecTV I have been able to see the new season ahead of its NBC release – it is GREAT!

2. I have a sinus infection. This is like the third one in a row and I am so sick of taking medicine and trying home remedies! I just want to feel better and be snot free! I’m beginning to wonder if that’s even possible. I guess I’m going to have to break down and go to the ENT.

3. Tomorrow is Troy’s first basketball game EVER. This is the first year he has ever played and tomorrow marks his game debut. I’m looking forward to it. I hope I don’t forget my camera.

4. Powerade is yummy. I especially like the blue.

5. Tonight I am going to see “The Lovely Bones” with Candy and Kendra. I read the book many moons ago so I’m hoping I won’t be too disappointed if the movie doesn’t follow the book closely because I’m not even sure if I can remember what all the book entails.

6. So far I am 100% on my goal of being a daily Bible reader this year! I’m really proud of myself.

7. My friend Tina birthed her first baby on Wednesday - Cecelia Anne. I am so happy for her a Chad! I know it's been a long time coming and after many, many prayers a beautiful baby is now here on earth. Congrats! Here's a photo:




Hope all five of you readers have an awesome weekend!

3 comments:

Candy said...

Good idea. I may do a random 7 too. Maybe tomorrow since my day is chock full already!

Sara said...

Is that you holding Cecilia? Just wondering why she looks like she is laughing at one day old! hahaha!

Annie said...

Hi! *waves* I'm just stopping over from Reverb. I don't think he likes to be called Pastor Ryan either, but oh well :)

First basketball games are the best! Enjoy!

http://afriedrick.blogspot.com/2010/01/random-seven.html