Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday GUEST Movie Review - RED


A special thanks to Erika for today's movie review. I have also heard this is a good film and would like to see it and Erika is right about the theater being packed. This was the first time at the dollar movies for both Jackie and me and there was not an empty seat in our theater either. On to the review...

Last Friday I ran into Natasha and Jackie at the dollar theatre. I mentioned I was going to see Red, and Natasha said I could write a guest review – she may not remember, but she did say it! Haha

I originally went to see Red on the big screen – I was nice enough to let my boyfriend pick the movie, and tried not to roll my eyes in front of him when I learned I was going to see what I thought was a “shoot ‘em up bang bang film”.

Fortunately, I was wrong about the movie, and had to admit it.

Red stars Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and a couple of other people I don’t know and am too lazy to look up.

Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) is a retired CIA agent that has a crush on an office girl that works in the pension dept. Someone has set out to kill Frank, and of course, the girl gets involved as well – along with some of Frank’s other retired buddies. It contains a lot of violence – nothing too graphic to turn women away, but enough to keep the men folk entertained. It’s also a good love story – I love it when a man will do anything to protect his woman! And, it’s funny!

I definitely recommend it to couples who never can agree on movies. Catch it at the dollar movie (Carmike 10 for you Hsv readers) while you still can. Since you’re only paying $1.00, splurge on the ridiculously overpriced concessions! It’s some of the best movie popcorn I’ve had.

By the way, the theater is packed on Friday and Saturday nights. Definitely get there at least 30 minutes early. I don’t think there were any empty seats left in our theater.

Thanks again Erika! A movie review of The Social Network will be coming up later in the week.

1 comment:

Mary McLaughlin said...

I read they are making a sequel to RED. I thought it was a cute movie, too. Definitely something I would watch again.