Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Some Random Thoughts and Stuff I’m Likin’

We were supposed to have gotten more snow this morning, but somehow that crisis was averted and we ended up with only rain instead. I know parents of school age children are getting fed up with school being closed or starting late and this time, the school boards made the decision to start school late the day before the snow was supposed to arrive rather than waiting to see if it actually came or not. I think that is so strange. Kids today are soft man! It was rare that school was cancelled when I was a kid. I think I’m sounding old now! Ha!

Even though we have had our fair share of snow this winter, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed when I woke up this morning and there was no snow on the ground. There’s something about the anticipation of snow that is so exciting – at least to me – and I’m always so sad when I open the blinds and don’t see the snow I was promised. It’s like getting excited about a Christmas gift only to open it and find an ugly hat inside (ha, ha that was for you, mother!).

My birthday is now less than a week away and I have five “celebrations” planned already! I don’t know how it has happened but in the last four or five years my birthday has turned into a week long celebration! This year I wasn’t really planning on doing much because I wasn’t in much of a mood to celebrate, but as the day approaches and the calendar gets full, I’m actually looking forward to it. Here’s what’s on the agenda – and, of course, you can read all about it here next week: Saturday night, Jackie’s mom is cooking dinner for me; Sunday night, I’m headed to I Love Sushi and Broadway Theater League’s presentation of Beauty and The Beast; Monday night is the monthly Ladies’ Night Out event for the girls at church and although it’s not technically a birthday party, it might turn in to one; Tuesday night, Erika is having our American Idol group over and then the following Saturday, my parents will be having a birthday dinner! So, it’s sure to be a great birthday! I have a really great group of friends and family – no doubt about it.

I lost one of my pearl earrings at the funeral home on Monday. If you know me well then you probably know the only pair of earrings I wear are my pearl studs and apparently one fell out when I hugged someone on Monday. I feel naked without my earrings but have already ordered a new pair thanks to the Amazon and they should be adorning my ears in no time.

Since this is one of my random posts that have absolutely no meaning, here are some things I really like right now –

Almond Milk, Dark Chocolate – My friend Matt at work told me about this stuff and man, is it good. It has a lot of antioxidants and other vitamins and good stuff and tastes great too! I don’t know how they squeeze the milk out of those almonds, but I’m sure it’s a fascinating process. It’s the Almond Milk, not the soy – so if you go to buy some, make sure it’s Almond and not soy. The Publix I shop at doesn’t have the dark chocolate, but Target does.

Excellence Chili Bar by Lindt – I tasted this for the first time yesterday when my mental health regulator (ha – I just came up with that!), Jean, offered me a piece. Someone had given her a bar and folks, it is DELIGHTFUL! It has a kick of chili powder at the end so your mouth burns a little. I have no idea where to buy this locally but I plan on looking at Publix when I go this weekend. It is so good. If you love chocolate, you will love this bar!

Clif Bar Crunchy Peanut Butter – These are yummy; also given to me by Jean. I ate it today and it was so good. It is filling too and good for you; although it does have a lot of carbs in case you are trying to stay away from that sort of thing.

Season 25: Oprah Behind The Scenes –This show comes on OWN and I find it to be quite intriguing. I’ve always liked Oprah but haven’t always watched because well the show always came on when I was at school, and then, work. Now that I have the power of the DVR, I record it and if the subject interests me, I watch. Season 25: Oprah Behind The Scenes is well, about all the behind the scenes stuff that has gone on during Oprah’s last season and I have found it to be just so interesting – it makes me wish I had gone in to television. Fascinating, I tell ya!

So there you have it - I can write a long post about absolutely nothing. It takes talent, I'll tell ya. Hope your Wednesday has been great! If I can think of something interesting to write about then I will be back tomorrow (any suggestions??!). Otherwise I’ll be back on Friday with a surprise! Until next time…

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I have enjoyed almond milk as well...never had the dark chocolate though.

Interesting post topics...i would like to know what came of your delayed fed ex donuts, or how about a list of your favorite websites...just some suggestions :)

Erika said...

Those Clif bars are good! Maybe I'll have to try the Almond Milk.
I am so sorry about your earring - things like that make me so mad. But I"m glad trusty Amazon came through once again!