Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Washing Machine is Working Again

I know you were probably up all night last night tossing and turning concerned about my washing machine. Well, I’m happy to report that it has been repaired. The same week mine went down in a blaze of glory, so did the machine of a lady with whom I work. She gave me the name of her repairman and I called him yesterday. Lewis was his name, and he came out yesterday afternoon and repaired my machine in less than five minutes!

The belt that had come off was a little frayed, but he just put it back on and told me if it came off in 90 days to let him know and he would replace it with another one for only the cost of the part. He told me he could have walked me through over the phone how to repair it myself but that I would have needed someone to hold the washing machine up for me, which is a problem when you are a single gal living with only a dog. Yesterday’s five minute repair cost me only his trip fee - $49.50. I wish I made $10 a minute! I guess most of his trips don’t really take that short of an amount of time and he probably makes a little less than $10 a minute.

Needless to say, I’m thrilled the washing machine is working again and am looking forward to doing laundry on my home turf this week. Apparently the reason the belt came off was because lint, a dryer sheet or two and a handkerchief of all things was under the machine and I guess the debris causes the belt to get out of alignment. So be sure and sweep up all the lint and dryer sheets from in front of you machine so that you don’t run into the same problem and if you do, let me know and I’ll point you in the direction of Lewis who actually just lives a couple of streets over from me, which is good to know.

1 comment:

Erika said...

So glad your washing machine is fixed, and that it didn't cost lots of $$$. Not having a washing machine is such a pain!