Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

I don’t know about you, but it already seems like Christmas was a long time ago when really it was just four days ago. I went to church on Sunday morning and afterwards came home to load up my car with all the food and presents for the day’s celebration. I also cooked some sausage balls as I was told we would be eating finger foods after church. Turns out we only had sandwiches and sausage balls. Not sure where all the other finger foods were.

After eating we opened presents. I got the 10-cup food processor I asked Santa for and I am looking forward to using it soon. I also got a new purse and a few other surprises and a new piece to my Grinch Christmas set. My parents got all sorts of good gifts as well. I think everyone had a nice Christmas.

We finished unwrapping our gifts about 3:00 and my dad’s side of the family was scheduled to arrive around 4:00. I was planning to lie down for a few minutes, but my uncle arrived early and then everyone else started trickling in and so a nap was out of the question.

Jackie also came over for our Christmas dinner and we played dirty Santa where I ended up with $20 and Jackie ended up with a scarf, some texting gloves, a hat and an umbrella. She was pretty fired up about those texting gloves. We began dinner around 5:30, or maybe 6:00. I honestly don’t know what time it was. My cousin’s daughter Sydney, who is three apparently didn’t like any of the food I cooked. She tried the red velvet cake and said, “I don’t like it,” which gave us all a good laugh She also didn’t like my rice krispy treats or the cookies I made. I guess you can’t please everyone.

The party started breaking up about 7:30 or 8:00 after which I went home and crashed. After cooking for three straight days and not sleeping well, I was ready for some rest. Hope your Christmas 2011 was as good as ours!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Little Sydney just does not know what she is missing out on!!!
Glad you had such a nice Christmas, and glad slaw making will be much easier in the future!!!
Jackie - no texting and driving with those new gloves!!! haha

Jackie said...

Thanks for inviting me over for the Parker Christmas! Those gloves ROCKED!