Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas on McKinley

My new Christmas dish towel
These are available at Bloom on Pratt Ave.
They also have one that says Christmas is Always Merry in Huntsville.

Christmastime has reached McKinley Avenue – how about your street? A lot of people have lights out and it looks quite festive as you drive down my street once the sun has set. Some folks that haven’t put out lights in the past put out lights this year. Next door, even Charlie has a tree up – it has all blue lights, same as last year. Who knew Charlie would be such a lover of Christmas?

Tomorrow night I’m getting together with my girlfriends for our annual Christmas party. We used to get together once a week during American Idol season, but once Paula and then Simon left the show, so did we and now we get together once every other month or so to catch up. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying a little Christmas spirit. Jackie will be our gracious host this year and I’m sure we will have a lovely time.

Blue has been in the shop having some repair work. As you may recall, Blue’s front passenger window stopped working and wouldn’t stay up, except with the help of Duct Tape. My parents have been out of town the past few days and so I was able to drive their car while Blue’s window was getting repaired. Blue and I will be reunited (and it feels so good) tomorrow night.

Tomorrow at work, we are having a snack day, which basically means we will be eating all day long. Hopefully there are some good cooks in the group. I’m bringing sausage balls and Rice Krispy treats, and I think a couple of guys are bringing a Boston Butt – that sounds good.

I still need to do some Christmas baking for a few gifts for the postman, friends, etc. I would like to get some of it done this weekend, but I have a busy schedule planned this weekend so I’m not sure that there will be a lot of baking going on. It might be put on hold until next week.

I suppose this is all the random rambling I have for tonight. I’m off to make some sausage balls and watch CSI.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Ooh, I love some sausage balls! Nummy!

Kimberly Washer said...

boston butt doesn't sound like snack food to me, but does sound delicious!!!