Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Movie Review: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

This past Friday, believe it or not, I went to the movies to see Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. I have been to so few movies this year one would think I didn’t enjoy going to the movies. For whatever reason I just haven’t made much time for one of my favorite things to do; but somehow in the midst of this season of hustle and bustle, I managed to take a little time out for myself.

The first Sherlock Holmes movie which came out two years ago was fabulous I thought and so I was very much looking forward to seeing this sequel, once again starring the ever so entertaining Robert Downey, Jr. and the always adorable Jude Law. I was expecting to be just as entertained as I was the first go around and while this sequel was good, I think the first one was better.

There was an interesting plot in this movie which at times was not as easy as you might expect to follow, or it could have been the sinus medicine causing my brain to be foggy. Downey, Jr. and Law provided laughter throughout and once again made a wonderful pair as Holmes and Watson. Rachel McAdams made a brief appearance as Irene Adler, but I was sad to see she wasn’t as big a part of this film as she was the first go around.

There were lots of twists and turns and a lot of action as well. Many times I caught myself holding my breath while waiting to see what was going to happen next. There were, as expected, situations where you wondered how in the heck this duo would make it out alive, but fear not, dear friends, this is the movies and the main characters mustn’t be killed off.

This movie was rather delightful and served as a nice escape from the pressures this season of the year tends to bring. So, if you are looking for a good film to watch either by yourself or with your family this holiday season, check out this latest Sherlock Holmes movie. I think you will find it quite fun and entertaining.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Glad you found some time to escape to the movies!
I'm behind on my movie viewing as well.