Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Letters to Santa: 2011 Edition

Dear Santa,

It's been about a year since I last wrote you and I want you to know that I've done my best to be really good since then. It's been a year of ups and downs for me, Santa and I know you can't really deliver good health and happiness but if perhaps you can and I don't know about those special powers, then please send some my way. These last couple of months have made me really tired of being sick. I'm ready to feel better!

I don't really want much for Christmas this year. For one, I don't need that much and two, I don't have room for it in my small but wonderful home; not to mention that the economy is in the crapper and I know you can't afford to pay the elves the premium salaries you paid back in the 1980s when you brought Barbie Dream Houses and Go-Karts and Trampolines on Christmas morning. Ah, those were the days. So, really there's just one thing I want this year Santa, and that's a Cuisinart Food Processor - 10 Cup Capacity if you please. I'm making a special place for it on my kitchen counter and it will look really great there! It will also come in quite handy throughout the year when the only thing people want me to bring to gatherings is coleslaw. Just think, I'll be able to make coleslaw in half the time which means more time for napping!

As always, Santa, you are welcome to bring some surprises, which I realize you don't always like to do, but seeing as how you've known me for 34 years, surely you can think of something special to place in my stocking. Thanks for the early surprise of the Christmas apron! It was nice of you to special deliver it before Christmas. Hope the reindeer didn't get tired making that extra trip down south. I will put it to good use and wear it while I'm cooking over the next few days.

I will be sure and leave some milk and cookies for you Santa. Hopefully The Tide won't eat them before you arrive, but if she does, just remember it's the thought that counts! Be careful while you are out making your deliveries!

XOXO,
Natasha Jo



Dear Santa,

If you could please just bring me some treats for Christmas this year, I sure would appreciate it. I've done my best to be a good dog this year. I haven't done anything too bad like I did when I was a puppy. I've grown up and fled the errors of my puppy youth. I do occasionally rip a hole in the sheets on the bed but really that's my mom's fault because she doesn't get my nails trimmed as often as she should. Hey, it's not like I can drive.

I would really like a squeaky toy but those get on my mom's nerves so maybe you shouldn't bring that after all. I realize my mom has a stockpile of treats, but you can never have too many, especially those of the bacon variety so feel free to add to our pile.

I will try not to eat your cookies before you arrive Santa, but they are so tempting just sitting there on the edge of the table and I know my mom makes good treats. So, if the cookies happen not to be there when you arrive, well, I'm pretty sure it was the cat from next door who took them.

I'll leave a treat for the reindeer because I know they work hard on Christmas Eve and we animals like to take care of each other. Be careful out there Santa and watch out for the hooligans!

Love,
The Tide

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You (and The Tide) crack me up!! I love your letters to Santa! Your Christmas cards were so pretty. I was a slacker this year and didn't get around to making them - had too much travel for work. I hope y'all get everything you wish for from dear Santa. Lova ya!

Candy said...

Love this. I can't help you out with the food processor BUT I can take the sign picture and have it blown up to a 8x10 framed shot (if you can find a place to hang it) haha!

Erika said...

Santa definitely needs to bring you that food processor b/c you make delicious slaw, and it will make your life so much easier!

Jackie said...

Loved this post!! The Tide did a really good job typing her letter up considering her nails are always too long:)