Monday, December 12, 2011

USPS Online Redeemed

I know, I know, I haven’t had a new post in a few days; but, I have nothing of great interest to write about and I didn’t want to bore you to tears but unfortunately, that’s probably going to happen anyway with my post today. Here’s what’s been happening.

As you may recall, I bought a new printer on Black Friday; a laser printer in fact. I feel so fancy. It only prints black and white but that’s all I need for coupon printing and what not. I finally set it up over the weekend and it works perfectly. I even set up the Wi-Fi portion without having to call any of my techie friends. I’m cool like that.

After setting up the printer, I used it to go online and print some postage for a pair of shoes I needed to return. I went on a rant a year or two ago about how terrible USPS online was but I have since changed my mind. Well, I would never order stamps from the site again, but I would definitely use it to print postage for a package as I did last night. It saves you from having to wait in line at the post office, which is a huge blessing this time of year.

This afternoon I took my package to the post office just to drop it off but some person had stuffed the mail bins so full that you couldn’t even open them. I didn’t want to wait in line to turn in a package with postage so I decided to leave and as I was leaving a man came out to collect the mail from the outside drop boxes and he took my package for me. It worked out quite well.

I finally got all of my presents wrapped and under the tree. Most of them I finished wrapping the weekend before last but finished up the last two or three this past weekend. So, I suppose I am now officially ready for Christmas.



Other than that, there’s not much else going on. I had a rather uneventful weekend, which was quite nice in my book since this coming up weekend, and of course the next will be all a bustle with various activities.

I guess that’s about it for now. I’ll try to be back tomorrow with something else boring to tell you about. In the meantime if you know of any good books out there, please leave a comment as I am looking for the next good read.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your tree is beautiful!!! Have you read any of Michael Conneldy's books? They are really good. His brother is my husband's boss. One of his books is the Lincoln Lawyer - was a movie with Matthew McConnahey (sp?) recently! So, there's a recommendation for ya :)

Kimberly Washer said...

I agree!! Your tree is gorgeous!!! I haven't read any good books lately. I just started one, so I'll let you know if it's any good.