Thursday, December 6, 2012

Auburn Bound - Yeah, I Never Thought That Would Be a Title Either

If you are reading this, then it is most likely Thursday, December 6, 2012 and I along with my brother and dad are either on the way to, in, or on the way home from Auburn. Yes, that's right. Three people who bleed crimson and white and all things Alabama football have hit the road for a town filled with blue and orange. My stomach is turning over just thinking about it all.

Madison Academy, for the second year in a row, has made it to the state football finals and we are going to be there from the coin toss to the trophy presentation. The football finals are being played at Jordan-Hare Stadium this year. For years and years the finals were played in Birmingham at Legion Field. Then I suppose the contract came up, and the finals were bid out and as a result they are now played in Tuscaloosa one year and in Auburn the next. Quite frankly I miss the Legion Field days. Birmingham is such a central location to all areas of the state and makes a lot more sense to me; but, alas, no one asked my opinion.

You may recall that my dad and I went to the finals in Tuscaloosa last year and watched a terrific game, but a heartbreaking loss as MA played their hearts out but lost in the final seconds of the game thanks to an onside kick that went through the hands of one of the Mustang players. We are obviously hoping for a better outcome this year, even if the game is being played at Auburn. I'll post an update on our day when we return - probably Monday because I'm sure I'll be tired when we return on Thursday evening.

In the meantime, wish us luck and safe travels and come back tomorrow for a post on some of my favorite Christmas albums.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Safe travels to you. HOpe you come back to report a Mustang win!

Jackie said...

Hope you guys have a blast!!Go Mustangs!!