Monday, December 31, 2012

The Last Post of 2012

So, I just realized, after my college roomie asked in the comments section, that I never told you that yes, my dad did in fact find the missing money. Actually my brother found it. It was in my dad's office under some bills or something along those lines. Oddly enough I had looked through that same pile but apparently didn't pay very close attention.

As mentioned, I was on vacation all of last week as well as today and tomorrow and I have been busy and bored at various times. The day after Christmas we had some family photos made with my dad's parents. My cousin Alexandra took the photos and was patient and kind throughout the whole fiasco. Bless her heart, she is a much better person than I - I'm pretty sure if I was the photographer I would have snapped. She brought the photos on a disk to me at church yesterday and I have yet to look at them. I'm sure they are lovely. We had planned on doing the photos outside, but the weather didn't cooperate.

Also during my time off I saw four movies - Lincoln, Skyfall, Les Mis and The Hobbit. I must say, of the four, The Hobbit was my favorite. It did not seem like three hours in the least. It honestly seemed more like 30 minutes. Perhaps I will review these in the coming days because January is sure to be boring.

I also re-watched all 16 episodes of Downton Abbey in all of two days. I wanted to make sure I could remember everything in anticipation of season three which starts this coming Sunday. I have also started, but not yet finished my Lord of the Rings marathon which takes place twice a year. I'm a creature of habit, what can I say? I also managed to make it to the gym which has been a blessing and will hopefully motivate me to keep it up because it has been great to get some workouts in.

Today, New Year's Eve, my dad and I are cooking our annual dinner of prime rib for the family and a couple of close friends. Hopefully this year there will be no unforeseen trips to the hospital. I'll spend the rest of my dad preparing for the dinner and then, of course, eating the dinner. We are also going to make some caramel corn tonight. I made some the weekend before Christmas and it turned out so well.

Tomorrow I hope to finally take down the Christmas decorations because although I am still enjoying the lights of the Christmas tree, they will soon be on my nerves and it's better to just go ahead and take everything down before that happens.

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who stopped by in 2012 and I look forward to sharing more ridiculous and boring stories with you in 2013!

I certainly hope you all have a safe and happy New Year's Eve and may 2013 be every bit as wonderful as you wish for it to be!

1 comment:

Erika said...

So glad your dad found the $$$ and that you all had a nice Christmas. Where does one find engraved Pyrex? That would make an awesome gift.