Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Cheer At Work

I'm happy to announce that the world did not end and also that I will not be working again until 2013. My place of employment is shut down the week between Christmas and New Year's and I am really looking forward to having some time off. I have always enjoyed having the week off between Christmas and New Year's and even when my workplace isn't shut down, it's a week that I've always taken off so I can enjoy time with family, friends, and also just some time for myself.

Friday, December 21, was the last day of the work week and the work year, and since it was also supposed to be the end of the world, some of my co-workers and I had a little fun with it. Long story short, one of our customers was visiting earlier in the year and was concerned about the world ending on December 21 and went on to tell how she had a helmet and was going to float away in her bathtub. I swear I am not making this up, and the lady was dead serious. There are many other crazy tales from this lady, but I'll stop while I'm ahead. So, I decided to bring in my bike helmet and wear it on the 21st. A few other people got in on it too and much hilarity ensued in our morning meeting.



Later on in the day, Santa stopped by and I had an opportunity to have my photo taken with him by the Christmas tree in the front lobby.



Speaking of the front lobby, we have fresh flowers delivered every week and I recently found out you can request to take the flowers home on Fridays. My friend Meri works the front desk and I was asking her about taking them home one of the last two weeks of the year and so she ordered a gorgeous Poinsettia and I was able to take it home on the 21st. I'll be taking it to my parents' house I'm sure but can enjoy it for myself a few days before Christmas.



I also received a gift from the gal I share a cubicle with; she got me an Amazon gift card and a gift card to the movies. I was very thankful to receive both of those! I also received a pretty scarf from another co-worker. So, I'm really glad the world didn't end on Friday, December 21, because it was a really nice work day if I do say so myself.

No comments: