Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Little of This, A Little of That

I’ve been feeling a little under the weather the past few days and a trip to the doctor on Tuesday afternoon confirmed that I have a sinus infection. It's actually the first one I've had in a long while, although I did have bronchitis once earlier in the year. At any rate, I’m sick, again and anxiously awaiting feeling better.

After a year or more of rather good health, this year I’ve been beaten by the germs more than I would like to admit. This time I think it has to do with a combination of the ridiculous amount of ragweed pollen we’ve got going on here in Northern Alabama and the fact that the weather won’t stabilize. It’s 30 degrees one day and 77 the next or it will be 40 degrees in the morning and 81 in the afternoon and it’s just ridiculous trying to figure out what to wear and when to wear it. So, with any luck, the temperatures will stabilize and get to where they should be and the pollen will go away until springtime and I will be on the road to recovery in no time.

Tonight is the annual Rainbow Omega benefit dinner and I will once again be going and sitting with Jackie and her family. It’s always a great event. This year the dinner returns to Huntsville after a one-year hiatus due to the fact that last year’s dinner was a statewide dinner with Sarah Palin as the speaker. I have no idea who tonight’s speaker is going to be, but undoubtedly, he or she will be inspirational. If all goes according to plan, I’ll have a post up tomorrow night about how it went.

You may have noticed a change in the posting times around here lately. I’ve been posting in the evenings starting on Sunday nights, rather than in the mornings as I have been doing for as long as I’ve had the blog. The reasoning behind that is that I’m not logging on at work and instead, logging on from home and posting there. I don’t think it makes much difference to most of you who probably check things out midday anyway, but just in case you noticed and were wondering why the change, now you know.

As if you needed a reminder, there are only 61 shopping days left until Christmas. I have thankfully gotten most of my shopping completed, but still have a few things to buy and still have no clue as to what to get some folks. Some years the gift giving comes easily to me, and this year it’s just not happening. The best gifts I’ve gotten so far are for my brother. I think he will be quite pleased with his bounty, but as for the rest of you who normally get gifts from me, don’t expect anything that will knock you off your rocker.

I bought some prints while in Paris this summer and recently had them framed. When my hanging photos on the wall buddy, Lisa has some time, she is going to come over and help with the hanging and then I’ll post a photo on the blog because at that point, the bedroom renovation will be officially complete. We’ve also got something up our sleeve for the kitchen. I could do it on my own, but what fun is that? So, I think Lisa will be helping with that as well, Stay tuned for the all the excitement.

For those of your wondering, the new job is going well. I’m doing the same thing I was doing a couple of years ago before I was promoted. The new division I’m in does things a wee bit differently than to how I’m used to things being done; so, there’s a bit of a learning curve but it’s all going well. The new folks I work with are very nice and I don’t feel like I’m someone’s going to be sweet to me one minute and stab me in the back the next which is a welcome relief. There are still a lot of folks out there looking for work so remember to keep them in your prayers from time to time as they probably need all the help they can get.

I would like to take this opportunity to talk to you about blinker. Yes, the blinkers that are used while driving a car, or at least the ones that are supposed to be used while driving a car. In reality I should probably save this for my next things that annoy me post, but I’m going to go ahead and put it here because, well, why not? I guess the correct term is turn signal, but I’m southern, so blinker it is. Here’s the issue I have – no one uses them! It’s not like it take a lot of effort or energy to move your arm and turn the blinker on rather than whipping over in front of someone (me) without any warning. Seriously, people, it takes like five seconds at the most to turn on a blinker. What’s five seconds when it could potentially save a life? I cannot even tell you how many times someone whips over in front of me without signaling – at least 85-90% of the time and it makes me furious. Talk about road rage – you’re gonna get it from me when you don’t use your blinker. I think I’m going to start a campaign - Use Your Blinker- It Could Save a Life!

I suppose that’s all the randomness I can come up with for now. I’m sure if I sat here long enough I would be able to come up with a lot more thing to say, but I’ve already wasted enough of your time for one day. Hope you have a great day, and come back tomorrow for all the skinny on the Rainbow Omega Dinner.

2 comments:

Candy said...

I have a few Christmas gifts bought. I always try and finish everything before Dec 1st. I like having the whole month worry free (as far as shoping goes) to spend doing fun things with the kids!

Erika said...

I haven't even really thought about Christmas gifts yet - this year will be a little lean on gift giving!
I hope you feel like going to the dinner tonight!