Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Party Time at Pump It Up

This past Sunday was Troy and Ashlyn’s birthday party. He turned nine and she eight the last week of September. Jackie arranged for their birthday party to be at Pump It Up, which is a place that has large inflatables for the kids and adults to bounce around on and it was a lot of fun.

The party started at 2:30 and I got there a little bit after. I wasn’t exactly sure where it was and drove like a granny down Leeman Ferry until I found it. There were kids running around everywhere, but it wasn’t total chaos as one might expect. There was a large inflatable slide, obstacle course type thing and two bounce houses that had basketball goals in them. One of these deflated during the party. I think one of the kids unplugged it when they were running behind it. Needless to say it was kind of strange, but surprisingly didn’t cause a lot of panic as you might expect.

I climbed up and went down the slide a few times and after that someone got the great idea that we should start racing in the obstacle course (there were two sides). So, we spent most of the rest of the afternoon racing kids and adults through the obstacle course. I think we each thought we had injured ourselves at one point or another. Inflatable obstacle courses should be left to children. Those things are tough – in other words, don’t expect to see me on Survivor any time soon.

After the fun with the inflatables, it was time for birthday cake and presents. Troy had a chocolate cake with Harry Potter on it and Ashlyn’s cake was a flower and was white. The chocolate cake was the better of the two this year I think. The kids opened their presents and got lots of nice gifts.

After the opening of the presents, it was time for the party to end. All the children were handed over to their parents and we all went our separate ways. It was a fun afternoon.

Ashlyn's Cake

Troy's Cake


The deflating bounce house


Tim and Dalton playing air hockey


Jackie and Jan about to race the obstacle course.


The birthday girl


The birthday boy

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Why didn't you post some of yourself coming down the slide:) It was A LOT of fun I am so glad you came.

Erika said...

Fun!!! I'm glad they realize that adults want to play, too!

Alison said...

That's so neat! Ashlynn's cake was so pretty! It's a really great place for a party. I do love organized birthday parties. :)

Candy said...

My kids love that place. Silas was just saying today "I want my party at pump it up this year" even though his b-day isn't until April. Yes, I want to see pictures of you on the slide! :) Happy Birthday Troy and Ashlyn!