Wednesday, March 13, 2013

College of Cardinals, You Let Me Down


Well, there’s a new pope in the house, or in the Vatican anyway and he has chosen the name Francis I, which I like. I’m actually surprised there’s never been a Pope Francis before because that seems like a good pope name.  Since I paid close attention to the news on Wednesday morning I knew the next smoke would come around 1:30 p.m. and so I told everyone at work that I would be tuning in at 1:30 p.m. to see what color the smoke would be. Sure enough, a few minutes before 1:30 I looked on Twitter and was surprised to hear that the smoke was white because I figured it would take longer and a day and a half of voting to elect the pope.

Needless to say, I was disappointed to hear that there was a new pope. I was hoping it would take until at least Saturday before the next pope would be elected because I wanted to be at home to watch all the coverage. Alas, it was not meant to be. The College of Cardinals apparently didn't care that I was nowhere near a TV and a new pope was elected while I sat behind my desk at work.  However, thanks to the magic of the DirecTV app, I was able to quickly log in to my account and record the pope coverage. Isn't technology great?

In other completely unrelated news, my mother spent the first few days of this week in the hospital. Don’t worry, she’s okay. She was having symptoms that made it seem as though she may have had a stroke and so the ambulance was called and she was whisked away to the hospital. I am very happy to report that the Deb did not have a stroke. It would appear that her blood pressure bottomed out most likely because her blood sugar bottomed out most likely because she took some of my dad’s diabetic medication which was left on her bed and she thought was yours. I’m now concerned that I may have to go over to my parents’ house and dish out their meds to them in a little white cup and them ask them to show me their tongue so it can be confirmed they swallowed. All joking aside, we are glad that it was nothing serious. Since her return home, however, she’s been plagued with a stomach bug and she probably feels like there’s no relief in sight. Perhaps we could ask Francis I to give her a blessing.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Haha your obsession with the Pope is cracking me up! Glad Deb is out of the hospital and it was nothing serious...hate that she has a stomach virus though.