Monday, March 11, 2013

Daylight Savings Hangover

Why is it that just when the sun starts peaking out about the time I get up in the mornings, the time changes and it's once again pitch black outside when it's time for me to get up?I hate the time change and don't even understand what the point is. I think the whole country should follow suit with Arizona and just pick a time and stick with it instead of this flip-flopping every few months. It was absolutely dreadful getting up this morning and leaving for and arriving at work before the sun even thought about rising. Here's what makes no sense to me. If I'm remembering correctly, the whole reason for the time change is so that we can conserve electricity and not use the inside lights as often, yet I find I'm using more light when the time changes. Maybe that's not the reason we change, but that's what I've always been told, so if you know otherwise, please, leave a comment and fill us all in because I'm too lazy to look it up right now - actually, I'm just too tired. 

Friday morning, I had two doctor's appointments and therefore had the morning off from work.My first appointment was at 8:00 a.m. with my family doctor because I've been plagued with my first sinus infection of 2013. On a positive note, it's been almost four months since I've had one - I feel like this is a personal record! My second appointment was with the gastro doctor and wasn't until 10:15 so I had some time to kill in between. Earlier in the week I had received my claim check from the insurance for the blown-away shed and so I decided I would go wait at the bank until it opened and then deposit it. Due to the amount of the check, I couldn't deposit nit via my mobile device and so I decided I wanted to hand it to a bank teller instead of using the ATM. So, I sat at the bank downtown for 30 minutes waiting on the drive thru to open, only to realize about two minutes before they opened that there was no way I could use the drive thru because my driver's side window is taped up. It was such a blonde moment that I could laugh at myself. So, I pulled thru the drive thru and into a parking space and went inside the bank once the doors were open. the time I waited at the drive thru was quite revealing though as I realized that the ATM there is probably the busiest one in town. I have never in my life seen so many people use an ATM. I was surprised that machine had any money left after the plethora of folks that came through there in the 30 minutes I sat waiting for the drive thru to open. 

I was back to work by 11:15 after stopping at Zaxby's to get a salad. I remembered to park and get out before even getting in the drive thru line that time around. The afternoon went by quickly as I trained with Meri some more and also had some things I needed to take care of and before I knew it, it was 4:30 and time to head for the house. 

I spent Friday night doing laundry and some cleaning and some TV watching. Thankfully Grimm has returned after being off for a few months. I really  hate the way NBC is doing their shows now. There's no rhyme or reason to their scheduling and it makes me think my shows are getting cancelled when they are gone from the line-up for months at a time. I had planned on possibly going to see the new Oz movie with Jackie and Ashlyn, but Ashlyn is a theater snob (as Jackie put it) and decided on the 8:15 at Rave rather than the 7:00 at Hollywood 18 so I didn't go for fear that my nighttime coughing spells would get me booted from the theater. Jackie said the movie was really good though so I hope to catch a viewing of it soon. 

In the meantime, I'll be looking for that elusive hour of sleep that was lost and hoping for a way to be happy about leaving for work before the sun comes up. 

Side note: Yes, the background has changed again this month. I usually only change it once a month, but the one I had up was not cooperating with this new post. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay...I'm the first commenter :) I hate the times changing back and forth too. What is the original time anyway? It's also a difficult thing as a parent to switch the kids' schedules. They aren't as understanding as adults that we have to do things like go to bed when it's still daylight in the summer or wake up when it's still dark. So, I am totally with you on the time change hangover. I wish we could just leave time alone :)