Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Top-Notch Tuesday

Tuesday morning I had a dentist appointment which meant that I could start my day a little later than my normal 5:15 a.m. wake-up call. I, however, do not understand the meaning of sleep in and so I was still awake before 6:00 a.m. and went ahead and got up for the day. I fixed my lunch, unloaded the dishwasher and tended to some other household duties before taking a shower and getting ready for the day. 

I had decided that I would mow the grass Tuesday evening and since I still had not gotten a new filter for the lawnmower, I had to add that task to the day's agenda. I was ready for the day around 7:15 a.m. and decided to go ahead and stop by Home Depot since I had some time on my hands before my 8:15 a.m. dentist appointment. I'm typically a Lowe's girl, but there's a Starbucks by Home Depot and it wasn't out of my way whereas Lowe's would have been. Before I arrived, I decided to go ahead and get three annuals for the pots on my porch. The Garden Center entrance was closed, but they had what I needed outside and I got two red plants (I don't know what they are called) and one marigold (I do enjoy marigolds). I then made my way inside the store to get the filter for the lawn mower and the employees were having a team meeting which kind of threw me for a loop because I then began questioning whether or not they were open yet. I found an employee who was not in the meeting to direct me towards the filters, found what I needed, used the self check-out and was on my way. 

After leaving Home Depot, I crossed the parking lot to Starbucks and pulled around to the drive thru. It wasn't until there was a car behind me in line that I remembered my driver's side window is duct taped. I seriously don't know why I cannot remember this; I mean, I see it everyday, but when it comes to drive thrus I have a massive brain fart. So, I just had to open the door to place my order. I don't know if the car in front of me saw me open the door to order and took pity on me or if she already had it in mind, but when I opened the door to pay for and get my drink, the guy told me the car in front of me had paid for my drink. So, I said that I would pay for the drink of the person in line behind me and did just that. Hopefully this pay it forward, or backward as the case may be, continued as long as there was a car in he drive thru. It was the first time that the car in front of me had ever paid for mine and it really brightened my morning. Random Acts of Kindness - get out there and spread the love people! 

After leaving Starbucks I went to my dentist appointment and immediately remembered why I go in to work before 7:00 a.m. - there was a lot more traffic than I am used to in the wee hours of the morning. I left my drink in the car as my after dentist treat. It was just a routine cleaning and I had no cavities! Whoop! When I was finished with  my dentist appointment, I checked my phone and had a really sweet text message which made my morning that much better. 

I was tempted to just stay out of work as the weather was exceptionally beautiful; but I went in and finished out the work day. I ended the day by mowing the lawn and planting the flowers I had bought that morning. It was a top-notch Tuesday - not to mention it marked the three week countdown until I leave for vacation. 


Erika said...

What a lovely Tuesday! I love "ordinary" days that turn out well. And how nice that someone bought your coffee, and how nice of you to do that too.

Jackie said...

That sounds like a pretty dang good day!! Love Love Love days like that. This pay it forward thing is loads of fun.