Friday, April 26, 2013

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things - April 2013

I haven't done a favorite things post in a while; so, I thought I would end the week with a quick post of a few of the things that I currently love.

Frontier Soup Mix - Florida Sunshine Red Pepper Corn Chowder 
Jackie introduced me to this soup mix a while back. In fact, I mentioned it in a post because she brought it to me at church, I put it in my purse, then went grocery shopping, left it in my purse and hoped the store wouldn't accuse me of stealing. Jackie found the soup at The Fresh Market where it retails for $6.99. She was introduced to it at her mom's house as someone from church had made up a batch for Tim and Jan and she fell in love with it and then bought some for me. 


Jackie had mentioned to me that it was hard to find the soup at The Fresh Market because it is often sold out. So, a quick search on the Google lead me to the Frontier Soup web site where you can order the Florida Sunshine Red Pepper Corn Chowder as well as a plethora of other soup mixes. I placed an order for four of the Corn Chowders and one French Onion. I have not yet tried the French Onion, but am guessing it will be quite delicious. The Frontier site also sells dip mixes and cornbread mixes and offers gift baskets and discounts when you buy certain quantities. Check out their site and better yet, try one of their soups. You will not be disappointed. 

Cadbury Caramel Eggs

I love the Cadbury Caramel Eggs and am very sad these are only available one time a year. The Monday after Easter I stopped by Wal-Mart before going in to work and found only one box, containing five eggs, left on the shelves. I purchased it and sadly found no more. All the stores were sold out; so, clearly, I am not the only one who loves these. I do not care for the Creme Eggs, just the Caramel. Next year I will have to buy some before they are all sold out. I was hoping that box of five would last me a week, but it only lasted two days - what can I say? 

My cousin Brittany called the other day to tell me that Wal-Mart is now selling Cadbury Caramel ice cream bars so I stopped by to get some and see how they were. They are indeed rather tasty, but not as good as the plan 'ol eggs. Perhaps the ice cream bars will tie me over until the eggs are available again next year.  

The Home T 

I actually saw this on another blog that I read and she listed it as one of her current favorites. I thought the shirt was really cool and decided to order one. I received it a few days after placing my order and I love it. It is super soft and comfy and has a cute design. Part of the proceeds from the sales of these t-shirts go towards MS research which is another bonus because as you probably know, this is the disease that my mother has and a cure needs to be found. 

EOS Lip Balm

This is another product that Jackie introduced me to, even though she probably doesn't even realize it. She used to, and probably still does, keep an EOS lip balm in her car. I became fascinated with it and one day a few months ago I saw it in the check out line at Wal-Mart and bought one. I love, love, love it! It keeps your lips well moisturized so you don't have to apply as often; plus, it's a super cool design and people always comment on it. There are lots of different flavors. So far my favorite is Sweet Mint, but I recently ordered a Lemon Drop and I'm anxious to try it out. 

3 comments:

Erika said...

I decided to give EOS lip balm a go, and am now a convert as well :)
Love those T-shirts!

Jackie said...

I am going to have to check these shirts out. I am probably going to end up making that soup again this weekend because I am in LOVE!!

Melissa said...

I love your favorites list. I'll have to try the lip balm...I am addicted to lip moisture. I'm curious about the soup too :)