Thursday, April 11, 2013

Make Up Your Mind Already

There's really no rhyme or reason to today's post. Let this be a warning.

Wednesday the USPS announced it was going to continue Saturday delivery after all. Really? Why? I didn't read anything in-depth about it but the headline I saw said it was because of Congress. Seriously, I don't see what the big deal is in giving up Saturday delivery. I think the postal workers might enjoy being able to watch a full day of football in the fall or go to a cookout in the summer or whatever else they might decide to do with their newly found Saturday free time. I for one would not be opposed to doing away with Saturday delivery and I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I will say this though - if the postal service wants to save money, they might find a better way to ship packages. I recently ordered a few items from Lands End and my package went from Illinois to Nashville (logical) then it went to Birmingham, then to Montgomery and then to Huntsville. Huh? Did they forget where Huntsville was? Then , after it arrived in Huntsville it took another whole day before it arrived in my mailbox. Seriously, seems to me like it would have saved a lot of gas money for my package to come from Nashville to Huntsville. 

We are experiencing another round of storms and tornadic (apparently this isn't a word or I can't find how to spell it if it is) weather this afternoon (Thursday). As luck would have it as soon as I walked out the door to leave work the tornado sirens started going off. I went ahead and left anyway because I needed to stop by Wal-Mart to pick up some Drano and muffin mix. Drano because the bathroom sink isn't draining well and muffin mix because I've been craving Blueberry muffins all week and I didn't have any mix or anything which is extremely unusual for me. 

I made it to Wal-Mart before it started raining and while inside the bottom fell out. Thankfully when I left a few minutes later it wasn't raining too bad. I headed towards home and at one point it felt like I ran over something in the road only there was nothing there. Then I thought I smelled gas and before I reached home my service engine light was on. Y'all I wouldn't be surprised if I end up stranded on the side of the road some time soon. At the moment the service engine light it on, the driver's window is taped up, the passenger side view mirror is missing and the passenger side headlight cover is missing. That's all I can think of at the moment. Usually when the service engine light comes on I just have to put some gas booster in the tank and it's fine before the next fill up, but since it felt like I either ran over something or something fell off the car, I'm doubting it's going to be that simple this time; but here's to hoping. 

In the afternoons, around 3:45 or 4:00, the night janitor comes around and empties our trash. Listen, I don't like to complain about folks, but really, this gets on my nerves. When I'm working, I don't want the janitor all up in my personal space trying to empty my trash or recycling bin. I'm most likely going to be leaving by 4:30 - can't you just wait until then? I like the janitor, he's a nice guy, and I'm nice to him and say hello, but if he would just skirt around me until I'm gone, I would like him a whole lot more.

In other news I'll be getting a new shed soon - oh yeah! My dad's friend Buddy is going to build one at his workshop and then they will bring it over to my house in pieces and put it together. It's going to be wooden and hopefully won't blow away in the next wind storm. 

Hope everyone stays safe through the rain and storms this evening!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I wish I had lots of money and could buy you a new car. I hope Blue will hold out just a little longer...maybe she is just scared of stormy weather :)
Glad you are getting a new shed!

Kimberly Washer said...

I'm trying to play catch-up!! It's been a while since I've been on here!! Glad you stayed safe in the storms down there last week.