Thursday, April 4, 2013

Success In The Rain

I'm happy to report that I did in fact get the yard mowed before church on Wednesday evening. It was sprinkling rain when I got home, but I went ahead and gave it a go before the heavens opened up. I got the back yard cut which was really my primary concern as the front was not looking too bad. Normally I would cut the yard with the deck of the mower high and then cut it again with the deck of the mower as low as it would go for the first mow of the season. I didn't have time for all of that with the rain coming in and also considering the fact that I wanted to be somewhat clean for church. So, I just gave it one good sweep with the deck high and I will deal with getting it how I want it sometime next week. Mostly I just didn't want the back yard to turn into an unmanageable jungle. 

After work Thursday I stopped by Target to get some paper towels. I like the Bounty soft towels and Target seems to be the only store that carries the large packs of these. I also ended up getting some new Dove soap - am I the only one that gets suckered in by new soap scents or does that happen to you as well? I also ordered take out from I Love Sushi. I don't do this often because I don't like to spend a lot of money on myself for dinner, but it has been a long time since I had sushi from there and after not really eating for a week I figured I could spare the expense for myself. The sushi was delicious as always and I'm very glad I made the decision to splurge. 

Speaking of food, Justin and I will be eating at one of my favorite spots on Saturday. We are headed to Birmingham for the Dave Matthews concert and have big plans to eat dinner at The Fish Market before the show. I am really looking forward to it. 

That's all I have for today - short, sweet  and really kind of boring. It's been a rather uneventful week for me, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The weekend should be packed with lots of activities and hopefully that will give me a thing or two to write about next week. I'll also have a review for you for a new Zondervan book that is coming out next week. I'm really excited to share this book with you because I have enjoyed it immensely. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: