Friday, May 21, 2010

Conversations With Jane Claire

As I’ve mentioned previously, the church I attend has Ladies’ Night Out once a month. This month’s event is taking place on Monday night and this month’s hostess was gracious enough to put together an activity for us to do, giving me a break from trying to think of something to keep a group of 20 or so ladies entertained.

Elaine, the hostess, put together a list of seven questions about mothers and asked us to ask the questions to a small child and find out what the answers are. My original thought was to interview Troy and Ashlyn since they are the children I know the best; but, I didn’t get a questionnaire until Wednesday night and Jackie is out of town right now so I couldn’t call the kids. I may try to call them sometime before Monday to get their answers; but, in the meantime, I decided to interview my friend Candy’s little girl, Jane Claire. JC is hilarious and I knew she would come up with some funny answers. So, I called her last night, but we had a little bit of a technical difficulty. She had a hard time hearing me and I had a hard time understanding her. So, Candy ended up reading JC the questions and sending me a video of each of her answers.

If I could figure it out, I would post the videos here, but I am really not sure how to do that; so, I’ll just post the questions and answers here for you to read.

1. Why did God make mothers? “Because he did.”

2. What ingredients are mothers made of? “Pineapples, bananas, and apples.”

3. Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom? “Because she can tie balloons.”

4. What is the difference between mothers and grandmothers? “Baby brothers.”

5. What does your mother do in her spare time? “She collects straws, she takes care of us, we love her, she cleans house, she does Christmas, she washes dishes and she watches LOST.”

6. What was your mother like when she was a little girl? “She was a baby, she had eyeballs, and snakes on her head.”

7. Describe the world’s greatest mom. “She was a balloon. She makes bottles. She makes sure everything is clean and shiny and not dirty. She washes dishes and feeds them bottles when they were itty bitty little babies but now I am a big sister.

So, there you have it folks – JC’s answers to questions about mothers. Her answers weren’t as funny as I thought they would be, but they gave me a chuckle nonetheless. Maybe we can have more of these Q&A sessions with JC and find out what she has to say on other topics.

Hope ya’ll have a great weekend!

No comments: