Friday, May 14, 2010

Earth Fare: Huntsville's Newest Grocery Store


This past Wednesday, a new grocery store opened in Huntsville. It’s called Earth Fare and from what I can tell it is rather cool. I made plans to head over there after church on Wednesday night and Tony made the decision to come with me. Hindsight being what it is, it probably would have been best if Tony had stayed home because he was miserable during the whole outing; not because of the store but because it was so crowded and every time you turned a corner, you would run into more people. It may not have been the best of decisions to go on opening night, but I was excited and wanted to see what this place was all about.


Tony was on the phone the for half of the time we were there.


Here’s the view from the outside. It’s located in the old Circuit City building on University Drive. This in and of itself is a great accomplishment in my opinion. I personally hate it when business leave empty buildings along the highway and then, instead of new business occupying old building, they build new buildings and the old buildings remain empty and an eyesore. Can I get an Amen? At any rate, Earth Fare occupied an unused building and that made me happy.





Once inside I checked in some items at the customer service desk because if you go here then you can trade in items from your pantry (even used items!) for free full sized healthier options, which is really cool.


Tony's talking on the phone in the produce section while I check in at the service desk.

Tony took a picture of these spices





They also had ear candles which can come in handy for American Idol gatherings. Just make sure the fire marshall is around.



And cooking utensils



As you can see from Tony’s square jaw, he was ready to leave and was in no mood for me to be snapping pictures. We ran in to my friend Sharita from church and after saying hello, I decided we should leave before Tony went postal on someone.



I didn’t get to look at over half the things I wanted to see. I plan to go back in a few weeks after the chaos and newness wears off and look around more. In the meantime, I did get my free pantry items, and so can you.



If you plan on going be sure and do it and sign up online for their email newsletter too. They send coupons to your inbox, which is nice if you like coupons as much as I do. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Misty Faucheux said...

Thanks for coming. We really enjoyed opening in Huntsville!

Sincerely,

Misty Faucheux
Social Media Manager
Earth Fare