Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Super Power Social

Last Friday night, Tony’s band, Local Orbit, played at Olivia’s. It was dubbed the Superpower Social and his band dressed up like superheroes, and the opening band, Time Bomb, was supposed to have dressed up as villains. To be quite honest, I didn’t notice anyone in Time Bomb dressed up.


Time Bomb - Villians?

But, Tony, Anthony, and Wes, all from Local Orbit, dressed up as superheroes that they each invented.


Tony, Anthony, and Wes

Tony was the Night Jogger. I sewed up a not so fancy cape for him and he glued on some letters that he had spray painted gold.



He also made his shirt with gold letters and a gold logo.



He even spray painted his shoes gold.



There were a lot of people there and a good majority of them were dressed up. I snapped this picture of Big Andre dressed as a woman. He went by the name of Hot Tranny Mess, or something like that. I did not intend for the girl to be in the picture with him, but sometimes you can’t stop drunken people from doing what they want.



Tony took his cape off to play drums, and the band was joined by a special guest, Wes’ dad, all the way from North Carolina.



My brother went with me and I think he had a good time. He even ran into someone he works with and met some new friends; if you know Justin, then you know he never meets a stranger.


This is me after a strong glass of water

Two friends from work even came. Jennifer followed Justin and I to the gig, and Patrick just happened to show up. You can barely see Jen's face for all the love Patrick is giving her.



It was an interesting evening to say the least. Maybe you will get a kick out of the photos from the evening; I know they make me laugh.


Bang those drums, Tony!

1 comment:

Candy said...

Go Tony Go! Love the costume!