Friday, May 7, 2010

Just Call Me Nadine

Well, it looks like we’ve made it to another Friday. I don’t know about ya’ll, but I’ve got a busy weekend planned. This afternoon, I’ll be running errands to the grocery store and such and am going to try and clean the house tonight as well because tomorrow my garden will finally get planted. Tony is borrowing a small tiller from his uncle and we are going to get the garden party started by tilling it up and getting the plants in the ground. It seems like I’m really late with getting the garden in the ground, but I’m only one week behind last year; so, I hope everything will turn out okay. We also have plans to see Ironman 2. The first one was really good and I’ve heard the second one is not as great; but I hope it’s at least entertaining. There is also another open house of our new church building this weekend and I hope to attend one of the days.

Sunday, of course, is Mother’s Day; but, it is also Tony’s 31st birthday. So, needless to say that will be a busy day as well. Happy Mother’s Day to all you mothers out there and a very happy birthday to Tony!

I’ve already told this story to some of you – One of our customers at work had a conference call with a co-worker of mine earlier this week and asked her to get with me so that I could show her how to use one of their systems. In the email summarization of the conference call, the customer referred to me as Nadine. So, apparently I changed my name and didn’t even know it.

I’m sure you are all aware of the crazy flooding that happened in the Nashville area last weekend and probably know people that need help and prayers. One of the blogs I read gave a recap of her experience and also included some links to her church as well as other ways that people can help. Go here and you can read about it and find the information.

Last night was my favorite Zumba instructor’s last night at my gym. I actually became teary eyed after class was over. I’m really sad to see her go; but wish her well in all her future endeavors. I just hope they find a replacement that will somewhat live up to Camille – it’s going to be hard.

That’s about it for me today. I was going to attempt to write something else, but have been staring at the screen for about 15 minutes and nothing else is coming to me so I guess I don’t have anything else to say… for now. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Ha! Nadine. I once had a guy that called me Emerson. I have no idea how he got the idea that my name was Emerson Brock. :)