Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day and Tony's Birthday

I don’t know about you all, but we had a large weekend jam packed full of activities. I took photos of a lot of our activities over the weekend to share with you. Some of them will hopefully make you laugh – after all, it is my mission in life to make folks laugh.

Sunday was not only Mother’s Day, but also Tony’s birthday. I woke early Sunday morning and cut up three bags of okra and started cooking pinto beans for Tony’s birthday dinner. After an hour or so I showered and went to church and then came home to do some more cooking and cleaning.

Around noon or a little before, I headed to my parents house where my brother was cooking a Mother’s Day lunch. We had baked potatoes, corn, bread and really thick and delicious pork chops. Justin did all the cooking himself. Those pork chops were out of this world good. I’m not sure I’ve ever had pork chops that good before – well done, brother!


The Grillmaster




Pork Chops on the Barbie


Up Close and Personal With The Pork Chop


After we ate, I helped Justin clean up the kitchen and then my mother forced us outside for some photos by a bush. She made my dad take all kinds of photos with different people in each one. The funny thing is she didn’t realize until over half the photos were taken that my brother and I had our sunglasses on the whole time. I’m sure she will be in for a surprise when she takes a look at those later on. I had my dad take one of my brother, mom, and me and I told my brother we could wear our sunglasses. As you tell by the photo, I wore my best outfit and no make-up. Who knew we were going to be taking photos? Not me, that’s for sure.



I left my parents’ house and went over to the open house at our new church building. Those pictures will be a post of their own later in the week; so, stay tuned!

After evening church services, I headed home to start frying up Tony’s birthday dinner; and I do mean frying. Almost everything he ordered up had to be cooked with grease. My house is still recovering. Tony went home to do some painting on his drums and came right around the time dinner was ready. After being inundated with grease for an hour, I didn’t feel like eating. So, I cleaned the kitchen while Tony clogged his arteries.

After dinner, it was time to open presents. Tony got a little help from The Tide.






Tide snagged some wrapping paper to eat

He had already received one of his gifts, a gift card to the US Soccer Store, and two others hadn’t come in yet so he unwrapped pictures of what they were. The one gift that he was able to unwrap and actually touch with his own two hands was an Initech mug – like from the movie Office Space. He then posed like Lumbergh and said, “Um…. Yeah.” Actually, I don’t think he said that, but he should have. If you’ve seen the movie, then you will know what I’m talking about.


Um... yeah

It was a good day, and I hope all you mothers out there had a nice Mother’s Day and Tony, I hope you had a happy birthday!

3 comments:

Candy said...

Happy Birthday Tony! Love the "Um...yeah" picture :)

Jackie said...

HAHAHA! Loved the last picture!!
Man Justin is really getting gray!

Mary McLaughlin said...

Justin looks good! And happy belated birthday to Tony!