Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Justin's Birthday Soiree



As I mentioned a couple of times recently, this past Monday was my brother’s 30th birthday. It’s such a strange concept for me to grasp that both my brother and I are in our 30s! I can only imagine how stranger it’s going to be the older we get. I still feel like we should be kids fist fighting over something completely irrelevant.

On Saturday we had a little birthday gathering for Justin. My parents, grandparents, and Tony and I were all there to celebrate. My dad grilled out burgers and hot dogs and made baked beans. I brought some coleslaw and my mom made chocolate pies. Justin’s friend Kristy made a fresh berry pie that was really tasty.

After we ate, Justin opened his cards and tried on some shirts that my parents got him and we all sat around and talked for a while. It was a pretty low-key event, but it was nice to see everyone and celebrate Justin’s big day. Happy Birthday, Beavis! You’re the number one brother as far as I’m concerned!


Justin and Tony talking about the super power social (maybe?)


My granddad Bill, and my dad.


And on the other side we have my granddad, Ben


Here are my dad's parents, Ben and Opal - looks like they are having a grand time.

No comments: