Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to the Grind

Well, I wrapped up the final couple of days of my Christmas vacation and went back to work on Tuesday. I was ready to be back on a normal schedule, but also dreaded getting up early after sleeping in (until 7:00 - I'm such a rebel!) and taking lots of naps while I was off.

On Sunday, my dad came home from the hospital and we were able to enjoy the nice dinner we had originally planned for New Year's Eve. The food was excellent if I do say so myself. I tried this new potato recipe and also this recipe for Egg Nog Pie. If you like Egg Nog, then you will definitely like this pie, which is very light and goes well with a heavy meal when you don't want a heavy dessert. After dinner, we visited with our friends Naaman and Cheryl and then The Tide and I headed home for a night of good rest.

Monday morning I went to the gym and then came home and finally cleaned my bathroom. I say finally because it seems like ti had been on the to do list for about a week before I was finally able to get to it on Monday morning. That afternoon, I took a break from watching football (much to the surprise of my dad) to go have a late lunch with my Aunt Linda. We went to Jason's Deli and the food was, as expected, great. I love their salad bar! We visited for an hour and a half or so and then I came back home and watched more football and perused the internets for nothing in particular.

All of my Christmas decorations were put away last Friday with the exception of my outside lights and I suppose I will get around to doing that this coming weekend. I did manage to take the wreaths down as they are stored in the same bag as my tree. I've got some lingering dish towels and whatnot to put away still but am waiting on some of them to still be laundered so I can take them all out at once. I haven't got in much of a hurry with the laundry as of late.

As mentioned I started back to work today and I was kind of excited because back in early November, I won a sweet parking spot in our annual United Way campaign. I won the spot for two months, which then turned into four months when they doubled the number of spots available on the side where I park. You see, we have a huge parking lot and it is quite a trek from where us minions usually park to the inside of the building and the spot I won (for January, March, July and September) is quite close to the entrance. Seeing as how today is the coldest day of the winter thus far, that made the spot even better.

Well, when I arrived this morning, everyone was parked up close because they have started doing some repair work on the paring lot and I kid you not, over half of the parking lot was blocked off; and now, since it's so cold out, no one knows when the work will resume. So, my parking spot, is less than shiny right now since everyone is parking up close. I hope they get those parking lot repairs completed soon so that I can enjoy my winnings while everyone else (except those who have worked here for 25 years or longer) have to park out in Timbuktu.

Work actually went by rather quickly today as we are doing inventory and spent a good portion of the day auditing counts. I suppose it's a nice way to ease back into the daily routine of coming to work each day and actually wearing clothes other than pajamas. Hope your week is off to a good start as well!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I'm kind of glad to be back in a routine, but ugh - it is still hard.
I'm off to investigate the new potato recipe you tried :)