Thursday, January 12, 2012

People Are Strange

Well, I've been basically staring at a blank screen for the past 10 minutes or so trying to think of something hilarious and entertaining to write about and sadly, I've come up with nothing. It's been a slow week for me; nothing much going on other than work, and church and going to the gym, none of which really provide a great deal of interesting things to write about. Although I guess I could write about the odd things I see at the gym because believe you me, there are quite a few and it's doubtful I can even remember them all for this post. I will give it a shot though. See, apparently all I have to do sometimes is start typing and a subject will flow from my fingertips!

If you've ever gone to a gym just once or on a regular basis then you probably know there are all type of people who frequent the gym. I've been going to my gym for almost two years now and sometimes I am still in a state of shock and awe at the things I see. When I first started going to the gym, I went to a class that involved weights. There was a lady who came to the class that wore a white wife beater tank top. She had a large derriere and she pulled the tank top down over the derriere but it was not pulled down in the front. On her head she wore a clear shower cap. It seriously looked like her hair was being set for a perm. I still see her occasionally and always want to ask her why the shower cap but I never do because she talks like she's from the streets and could beat me up.

Last week there was a girl in spin class who wore one of those box shaped caps and she tied her t-shirt in a knot at the front. Due to her t-shirt being tied up in the front, it was raised up in the back, thus revealing her rather large tramp stamp, also known as a tattoo on the small of her back for those of you unfamiliar with the terminology. This wasn't the first time I've had someones back tattoo glaring at me in class and I have no doubt it won't be the last.

Speaking of tattoos, there used to be a girl that came that literally had tattoos on almost every inch of her body. The only thing that wasn't covered in tattoos was her face, neck and hands. Both of her arms had sleeve tattoos and she always wore a tank top and best I could tell, her back was covered as well. I haven't seen this particular girl in a while, but she has been replaced by a woman who was changing in the locker room this past week who had a tattoo as large as her back. I thought it might take wings and fly off. This particular woman, who looked to be in her 50s, also has been known to have bright pink hair.

Then there are the group of girls who don't necessarily look weird, but they are only there because they think they are hot stuff and they love to flirt with the male instructors and basically think they are God's gift to the human race. they also talk in those high pitched voices that many girls with lack of brain power think is attractive - it's not. These are probably the people that get on my nerves the most.

You can also always spot the guys who want to try and lift the most weight even if they might not be able to walk when they get home in the evenings. There are people who don't wear deodorant or at least needed a refresher before they started sweating. I don't know if they are oblivious to their stink or what but sometimes it's more than a girl can bare.

Seems like there are more intersting people I wanted to mention but at the moment I can't think of who they might be. Needless to say, it's ever a dull moment at the gym, people. It apparently takes all kinds to make the gym go round and that's okay because if you're a people watcher like me then there's a lot to see. You should stop in some time.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Sounds like the gym is an excellent source of entertainment!