Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Glamorous Weekend Life

Well, we’ve reached the end of another weekend/the beginning of another week. Why is it the weekends seem to go by so quickly?

I didn’t do much of anything this weekend. Friday I did some cleaning and some catching up on the DVR. On Saturday morning, I went to the gym and then came home and did some more cleaning and finally managed to put away the outdoor Christmas lights. The sun showed up on Saturday which was a nice surprise; sadly I think the rain is returning again this week. Saturday afternoon I went to see a movie (review coming later) and then made my weekly Publix stop.

After stopping by Publix, I popped in to Tommy’s Pizza for slice. The last time I had a slice of Tommy’s Pizza was in 2008. That particular evening I ended up having an attack of the gallbladder and then had surgery just a month or so later. So, I really didn’t know what to expect this time when I ate a slice. When I went to bed, I started having a little stomach pain, but gratefully didn’t have any sort of attacks or anything of the sort. So, I may give it another go again soon because it is quite good.

Sunday I went to church and really didn’t do much else than that. See how much fun the life of a single gal is! Please don’t be envious! I’ve spent some of the evening watching The Golden Globe Awards and I must say that Ricky Gervais never ceases to make me laugh. A lot of the other actors and actresses have been quite humorous as well. At this precise moment I am watching the Morgan Freeman montage as he is about to receive the lifetime achievement award or something like that. Let me state for the record that he makes some mighty fine movies! I’d also like to say why couldn’t I have ran into Channing Tatum down in Cullman before he made it big in Hollywood. He is handsome. I didn’t realize they grew men like that down in Cullman.

I haven’t seen many of the Golden Globe nominated movies so I’ve got quite a bit of catching up to do before the Academy Awards. Thankfully a lot of the movies are available through DirecTV so I hope to take some time to order a few over the next few weeks. I think last year was the year I saw the least amount of movies; not sure why that was.

I don’t suppose I have much else to say at this time. I should really stop writing when I don’t have anything much to talk about because I’m sure you’ve all got better things to do.; but at the same time, I know Erika needs something to read at work every day. So, this one’s for you, Erika! Hope your Monday is great!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Thanks for the post! You know I love to come in and catch up on your Chronicles!
If it makes you feel any better, we had about the exact same weekend :)