Monday, January 23, 2012

Seven Unrelated Bullet Points

My Aunt Linda emailed me today and asked me if I was sick – she thought that was my reasoning for not blogging when actually the reason is that January has proven to be a rather boring month as far as my life is concerned and I seriously doubt you all want to read about how I cleaned my house and napped over the weekend… again. So, instead I’m going to tell you about some things you need to know, or something like that.

1. Downton Abbey – HAVE YOU SEEN THIS SHOW? Yes, that’s in all caps because people, this is the best show on television right now…maybe ever! It comes on Masterpiece Classic on PBS each Sunday night. The show is British and airs in England a year ahead of the airing here in the States. In other words, season two is airing on PBS right now while season three will be seen in England sometime later this year. I heard about this show on Twitter and from some other blogs I read and decided I must check it out so I bought season one on iTunes and watched the entire season (only seven episodes) all last week. I had recorded on the DVR the episodes of season two that had aired thus far and Saturday I had a marathon, watching four episodes of season one and two of season two. Y’all, this show is just amazing. It follows the life of Lord Crawley and his family and also the lives of the servants that live and work in the Crawley home. The Crawley’s live at Downtown Abbey. The show starts out in April 1912 and currently the year is 1917. There’s love, scandal, secrets, and many other wonderful storylines in this show. There are evil people, nice people, conniving people, you name it, this show has it. I told Jackie about it and I am not exaggerating when I tell you she watched the first episode one night and the other six the next day. In fact, she’s probably staying up tonight to catch up on the season two episodes on the PBS website. Jackie watched hers through Netflix so if you have Netflix, or iTunes, you can definitely watch this show and I would encourage you to do so. It is incredible! The best thing I’ve seen in a long, long time! I’ve been dreaming about this show at night, which as I’ve mentioned before is a sure sign that I love something. I even catch myself thinking about it during the day – so good people – please go watch it!

2. I’m sick of rain

3. My parents are going to Florida in April and I am joining them the second week of April for a trip to Disney (three days) and Universal Studios (AKA Harry Potter Land for one day). I wasn’t planning on taking a vacation this year since I have no money but I am going to be saving between now and then to make it happen. My parents are renting a condo or house and so they will have plenty of room and are not charging me for a bed, which is nice. I’ll be flying down on Friday, April 6 and then riding back home in the van with my dad on the 13th/14th. My mom is flying to and fro, but my dad is driving so they will have the handicap accessible van while they are there. I haven’t been to Disney since I was 12 so I am looking forward to it and we will hopefully have a lovely time.

4. My birthday is coming up – Number 35 – Terrifying! I will now have to move to the age 35-44 check box on surveys. I’d really rather stay put. Moving up to a new age group is never fun.

5. The circus is coming in April – looks like April will be a fun month. You know my dad and I love the circus and we force my mom to come along with us! I can’t wait!

6. I’ve been eating fish twice a week for dinner this year. I love Old Bay seasoning.

7. I’ve got some clothes in the dryer that I need to fold and it’s late so I’m going to wrap it up here. Hope you have a great Monday evening or Tuesday morning or whatever day it is you are reading this.

3 comments:

Candy said...

So glad you decided to go ahead with Disney!! You deserve a vacation, just consider it a birthday present to yourself. How fun! JC would be jealous! I've got to check out this show you're talking about...

Erika said...

I've got to adjust my rabbit ears again so I can get PBS!

Jackie said...

Dowton Abbey is a must see! Thanks so much for turning me on to it!