Tuesday, January 10, 2012

There Was More Than One Trophy Presentation Monday Night

Was everyone else as tired as I was on Tuesday? Needless to say, I stayed up late on Monday night watching the National Championship game and even some of the post game coverage and got into bed much later than my normal 10:00 p.m. bed time.

After work, I had an appointment at the chiropractor and then went to the gym for spin class. I came home, showered, grabbed the king cake I had made the night before, rounded up The Tide and headed over to my parents’ house to watch the big game and arrived just a few minutes before kickoff. My dad had picked up some barbeque earlier in the day and we had that for dinner and it was quite good. I love me some barbeque!

We settled in and had an enjoyable time watching the game together. I figured I might fall asleep since it started so late and I’ve been known to fall asleep a time or two watching a game, but I guess my adrenaline was pumping and I sat up and watched from start to finish and enjoyed every minute of it.

At half time we enjoyed some king cake and we also got a few laughs out of The Tide and Scout chasing each other and playing with a sock. The Tide had a hold of one end and my dad would give Scout the other end. Scout would hold on for a few seconds as The Tide pulled him across the room. It was quite humorous! I tried to get a photo but was unsuccessful in getting a really good shot.

The second half of the game was just as good as the first and we were all elated that Alabama won their 14th National Championship and second in three years. Three years in a row for the state of Alabama and six years in a row for the SEC! That’s pretty amazing!

After the game was over, we had a trophy presentation of our own. As you may recall, my family has a football bowl challenge each year and last year I purchased a trophy for the reigning champion to keep for the year. At the beginning of the bowl season, the champion returns the trophy until the next winner is determined. Well, folks, this year’s winner was none other than…wait for it…. me!

I beat out both my dad and brother to be the 2011 bowl season champion! My record was 28-7. Justin finished second with a 25-10 finish and my dad ended up 22-13. Yes, the master, my dad, finished last. In his trophy presentation, my dad congratulated me and told me he was proud he taught me to love sports. We stood there shaking hands for what felt like 15 minutes while my mother, God bless her, tried to operate the camera. She finally managed to take a picture or two and then my dad took a few. They aren’t the most glamorous pictures considering I’m in my PJs and have on no make-up and my hair is kind of crazy and I’m wearing my glasses in some shots, but that’s okay. I’m not really here to impress anyone and I had a good time taking these.

It was a fun Monday night and worth the sleep deprivation. Thanks, mother and daddy for hosting me and The Tide! There’s only 233 days until the 2012 college football season starts!

P.S. Jackie was lucky enough to be able to attend the game on Monday night in New Orleans. I’ve asked her to write a guest post about her experience. So, look for that to (hopefully) be coming soon!


I was trying to take a picture of The Tide and Scout lying on the couch beside me but was at an odd angle. This photo still cracked me up.


Entertainment by The Tide and Scout


My dad would hold on to the sock and then let Scout grab the other end.
I wasn't quick enough with the camera.




The trophy presentation


The Victor


Doesn't every winner kiss their trophy?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday at school substituting wasn't so bad after only 5 hours of sleep. I guess I was still excited besides I got to wear my Bama scarf, my Bama earrings AND my houndstooth jacket.Today I am home tiireed! Love the trophy and enjoy your parents.

Erika said...

Glad you are the proud trophy owner!!! Congrats!
those pics of Tide and Scout crack me up!
p.s. You have beautiful skin and look great without makeup, by the way :)

Kimberly Washer said...

Love the pics!!