Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yogurt Woes

I’ve been a yogurt lover for a long time. I don’t know how long, but for about as long as I can remember. I’ve tried all different kinds of yogurt and for about the past year or so, I’ve bought the Publix low fat yogurt because it’s at a good price and also tastes pretty good and has a variety of flavors. I know a lot of folks are all into this Greek yogurt craze, but I’m here to tell you, I am not one of those. I think the Greek yogurt tastes awful!

When I was in France this past summer, yogurt was always served at breakfast; but, the yogurt in France tasted a whole heck of a lot better than it did here in the States. One of the guides that is American but lives in Paris said it was because there weren’t all the preservatives we have here in the States and I have no doubt that is indeed the case.

Recently, I was in Publix looking at the yogurt and something caught my eye. It was Dannon Activia French Yogurt. It was more expensive that the Publix yogurt I had been buying, but I was curious and wanted to give it a try to see if it was similar to the yogurt I had while in France. I bought a couple of them and tried it the next morning. Y’all, it was so good. I was transported back to the summer and could hardly believe the taste on my tongue. I’m sure there are more preservatives in this French yogurt than there were in the yogurt I had while in France but it was the closest I was going to come to have that delightful yogurt from the summer of 2011.

Since that first purchase, I have only bought the Dannon French Yogurt and have enjoyed every single cup. This past Saturday, I went in to Publix for my weekly shopping trip and went over to where the yogurt was and much to my chagrin, the Dannon Activia French Yogurt was on clearance! It won’t be available again after this month! I’m not sure if this is only at Publix or if it’s everywhere. I asked the guy stocking the shelf about it and he said he didn’t know if it was being discontinued only that they couldn’t get it anymore. I’m so sad, people; so, sad! If you happen to see it at your store, pick up a cup and give it a try before it’s all gone.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Publix seems to do that to me,too. They had some unsalted tortilla chips (I can't stand salty chips) and right after I started buying them, they went away. So sad. :*(

Erika said...

So sad :(

JTT said...

Hi, I can't tell you how much this has annoyed me. This yogurt was SO GOOD. Like all things that I really like - it gets discontinued. Why!!?? Can you imagine I am literally here googling about where this yogurt is, LOL, well, thanks for verifying that it is GONE. Figures.

JTT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.