Wednesday, January 25, 2012

In Keeping With This Week's Theme‏

1. You may know that my birthday is next week and you may also know that I love coupons and freebies. Well, starting today, I have gotten a plethora of emails for free sandwiches, burgers, ice cream and various and sundry other birthday treats. Basically, I won't have to cook for myself next week because I will be eating for free thanks to my turning another year older. If you have any interest in receiving free and discounted treats on your birthday, then you must check out this link from Hey It's Free and you too can eat for free the week of your birthday.

2. I have an unexplained pain in my back. (This originally said pan, thanks to my college roomie for helping me see the mistake!) It's been there for a couple of days now and it if doesn't go away soon, I may have to seek some expert advice. It's not normal back pain either. I assure you, I know about normal back pain. I have that all the time and go to the chiropractor once a week for my normal back pain. This is on the left side and is sharp pain; so strange. I have the oddest ailments.

3. Speaking of ailments, have I mentioned that I'm really sick of the rain - just kidding, I know I did. Seriously though, if we don't get a break soon I may not be able to walk much longer. These fronts that have been moving through have been causing the arthritis in my knees to flare up and they have been quite painful, especially my left knee which pops everytime I straighten it out. Getting older is awesome, people; just awesome! That is as long as you keep a jumbo size Bio Freeze in your medicine cabinet.

4. I wore a new pair of sandals to work today. Well, actually I wore my rain boots to work, but I brought along a pair of sandals to wear inside the building; it was after all 67 degrees outside today. I bought these shoes a few weeks ago from Joe's New Balance Outlet. New Balance makes a brand of sandals called Aravon and they are better for your feet than the average sandal, or so says the doctor. The Aravon shoes and sandals are all $100 or more. This pair had been reduced to $17.95 and I got another 20% off of that; they had originally been about $130 so I'd say it was a pretty good deal. I like them. They are comfortable and look nice. They do, however remind me of something I would see my grandmother, Opal wearing. What do you think?



5. When someone comes over and sits in "The Tide's chair", they get the stink eye. Case in point:



6. I have fat calves. I can thank my mother for this; it is from her that I inherited these monstrous legs. Actually, I wouldn't really call them fat, they are rather muscular; but, the problem with having large calves is that I cannot find boots to wear. I had this conversation with Erika on Monday night. She brought over a pair of boots that the cobbler had stretched out for her; but, alas, they were not stretched out enough for me. I measured my calves last year - they are a circumference of 18.5 inches. Most boots come in a 16 inch circumference; so, you can see how I have a problem finding boots. Erika, God bless her, found a web site and sent it to me, where you can order boots based on your foot size and the circumference of your calves. I was so excited I might cry and then I saw the price and I did shed a tear. Suffice it to say, I will be saving up some monies so that I can buy myself a pair of these boots before next winter and when they arrive, those boots may be the only thing that adorn my feet for the next six months.

7. Without giving away any details, you will probably want to stop back by tomorrow.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your random posts - they always crack me up. Hope you get the 'pan' out of your back soon :) love ya!

Erika said...

I'm loving these random posts, too!

That picture of the Tide is great; cracks me up how she stares me down every time I occupy her seat.

I like those sandals! And what a deal you got! Maybe some of those boots will be on clearance this spring/summer, and you can have them ready for fall.

I am anxiously awaiting tomorrow's post.

Kimberly Washer said...

Oh I'm super excited about that boot website!!!! I, too, have a hard time finding boots to fit my calves!!!!

Alison said...

Oooh, good luck with your back pain. I was diagnosed with sacroiliitis and I'm going to have an x-ray guided cortisone shot deeeeeep into my back in about three weeks. I'm proper terrified, I am. However, since it feels like my hip pops out of joint when I bend wrong, stand up, wrong, or you known MOVE wrong, I hope it helps. Just wait 'til you hit 40. Sigh. Happy Upcoming Birthday! :D

By the way, my verifying word is "araggers" which made me laugh for some reason. I think I'll use it in conversation, a la "This rain has me all araggers". Yeah, I like it. Wow. I've been alone too long today. Hushing up now!