Monday, February 27, 2012

The Case of the Woman and Her Pipe

There’s not much going on in my world these days, but I did have an interesting encounter while walking at work on Monday afternoon. Hopefully this boring story won’t put you to sleep.

We have a program at work called Vitality in which we earned points for being healthy and participating in walks and other such events and once we earn so many points, we receive a discount on our insurance. The program is really not all bad and it also reimburses each person (up to $200) for their gym membership so this year when I renewed my membership, it was free thanks to my reimbursement.

Anyway, we are currently in the middle of a 10-week walking program where everyone who is participating walks for 30 minutes a day once a week in order to earn some points. I walk on Monday afternoons at 4:00 and since the weather was so lovely today, the walking took place outside. We have what basically amounts to a walking track that goes around the majority of the building at work and that’s where we walk outside.

A few minutes into my walk today, I noticed a woman walking on the other side of the pavement headed south; I was headed north. It looked like she was trying to hide something in her jacket and then I saw some smoke. I thought well, I guess she’s having a smoke break while walking this afternoon. Upon further evaluation, it looked more like a pipe and she was being really secretive about it. When we passed each other I looked over to get a better look, but she had it hid in her jacket and had a mischievous grin on her face and as soon as we passed she took a puff off of the mysterious pipe.

Now, I’m not saying it was pot or anything, but she sure was being strange about it. I also didn’t smell any dope, but who knows with all the crazy things people smoke these days.

The rest of my walk was uneventful and free of suspicious acting people. If, however, I come across this lady again I’ll be sure and tell you about it.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Interesting... You should have asked her. That would have been very funny. ;)

Jackie said...

That is very strange. You see some of the weirdest stuff.